UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: My 'Can't Live Without' Product; Translucent Finishing Veil

Friday, June 10, 2011

My 'Can't Live Without' Product; Translucent Finishing Veil

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/10/2011 09:11:00 PM
Tomorrow evening is the drawing for a $20 gift certificate to Southern Magnolia Minerals. Go here and enter!

My skin is dry. However, after a couple of hours, I get oily. And in Florida I can get oily AND sweaty. That's a big GROSS to me. Having a sweaty face is the hardest to bear in this sub-tropical place.

Here's the Southern Magnolia Minerals solution; it's my favorite too.



Translucent Finishing Veil, 'Purely Basic'...
 This is my ultimate, completely, best ever favorite. I have used this product for at least 8 years.
Here is what Southern Magnolia Minerals website has to say about my baby...

A fabulous translucent primer or finalizer and can be used as a base layer under your favorite SMMCosmetics foundation color or as a finalizer after applying all of your favorite colors for an airbrushed flawless finish.
 
Don't let the color fool you...It is white until you apply it to the skin, then it becomes translucent! Helps minimize the appearance of large pores, control shine, set makeup and offers sun protection.

 Have you every used a liquid SPF on your face? Eew! I feel suffocated. But, I really do need that protection. Four different jobs in just one product. The price is right too. I got my first one in the Full Size jar. Then I just get the Refill Bag when that empties. Large pores, control shine, set makeup and get sun protection? Of course you can count me in!

Next is a product that I have been using for about 4 years. It's just a bit different than the 'Purely Basics' and if you have some allergies, this might work better for you. Here's 'Shine Reduction Powder'...
Here's what the website says about this...


This uniquely formulated shine reduction powder uses kosher grade Rice Powder and Authentic Silk Powder to create a translucent enhancement powder specifically designed to eliminate undesirable shine caused by oily skin surfaces. This super-sheer powder leaves the skin so smooth and clean with a natural finish!
Pure Silk contains 18 amino acids which are easily absorbed into the skin, also reflects and absorbs UV rays. Silk has anti-inflammation qualities, which effectively helps sun-damaged skin, acne and other skin problems.
Silk is a natural moisture-adjusting product which can absorb or release moisture as the temperature and humidity change. It is also a powder which "breathes". Silk is oil-absorbent and is suitable for oily skin to create a perfect, flawless finish.
Rice Powder is the ancient secret to beauty! Translucent, lightweight and silky. It offers slow oil-absorbing properties, and acts as a soother and emollient forming a soothing, protective translucent film leaving your skin with the ultimate skin softening porcelain shine-free finish. 

Honestly, they are both about the same. I don't know if it is because I have used the 'Purely Basics' the longest that I like it better, but that's my first choice.

And a jar of this is going to last a VERY long time! This is how much I use to set my makeup...
 Buff it on very lightly and it is done. This brush, by the way, is one I got at Ulta. 
I'm not sure if you are going to be able to see a difference, but I did swatch them both on my hand...
 Just wiped it on so you could see a difference. 'Purely Basics' is on the top and 'Shine Reduction Powder' is on the bottom. Then I blended it in with my brush...
 Here's it buffed, without a heavy streak...
 Brace yourself....here is a 'before' face shot. No 'Purely Basics' since this morning around 8 AM...
 And here I touched up with 'Purely Basics'...
 Less shine but you can still see my pink-ish color.

These products are my coup de gras to shiny face. If I didn't/couldn't wear foundation, I would blur out the pores and discolorations with 'Purely Basics'. I use it as a quick touch-up on those days that are humid as hell, and a quick buff if we go out to eat dinner.

Here's my recommendation, use the discount on SMM's website and get yourself a sample of these. See which one you like better, and get a discount coupon for a 'Like' on their Facebook page.

Or, see if you can win my giveaway and get a shine-away prize. :) 

3 comments:

Makeup and Mutts on June 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM said...

It looks lovely! :) It reminds me of the byebye pores from it cosmetics!

Libby's Pink Vanity on June 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM said...

@Vintage It does. But I find that SMM is a bit 'creamier' if that can be used to describe a powder.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm....let me go dig up my mineral makeup stash and start using them again so I can buy more. LOL!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates