UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: One of the Most Annoying Orange Polishes

Thursday, September 22, 2011

One of the Most Annoying Orange Polishes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/22/2011 07:18:00 PM
This month's work has been slow. That will all change with the last quarter of the year coming up. However, I have made the best of it with sharing blog posts, swatching lots of polishes and makeup, reading all my favorite blogs and socializing on Twitter. It doesn't matter what the nay-sayers think about social media, I have met people and made friends that have truly enhanced my life.

So there!

I tried out 'Creepy Pumpkin' polish from Wet 'n Wild's 2011 Halloween collection. When I mentioned it originally here, I stated that this orange polish was not annoying. (Get it?) However, it isn't an annoying shade, but it is an annoying orange polish to apply. 

Let's start here with a photo....

It's got teeny, tiny orange glitter in an orange base jelly.

Here it is swatched and a total of 4 coats...

One thing I have to mention, this is my fourth attempt at doing this manicure. What a finicky jelly this one is. Where I found the patience, I just don't know. But, I had all sorts of problems with this 'Creepy Pumpkin.'



Even with 4 coats, I see VNL. It had wicked drag, both at the cuticle line AND the tips. It dried slow and after an hour I would ding it, ruining the manicure's look for a swatch. It was gritty, but I really don't mind that at all. The fact that it didn't apply fluidly is the main issue, for me.

However, if I only pull this polish out for the Halloween season, I guess it will be OK...maybe. Oh, but I did find a really great prop to use...

I got an entire bag of pretzel M&M's just for this prop; it was so perfect.

What? You don't believe me? Boy, that's just plain annoying.

13 comments:

Shally on September 22, 2011 at 7:25 PM said...

I love orange, it is my favorite color, and I looked and looked for this one. I was a little disappointed in it too when I finally got it. However, it does look good with one or two coats layered over a darker color. I did it over a deep purple.

Playing with Polish on September 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM said...

Too bad :-( It looks like such a pretty color with good potential. I really VNL though. It drives me nuts! Thanks for the review and pics. I think I will skip this one!

purplegreenpanda on September 22, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

Oh, ew, no. Thanks for letting us know. I was planning on picking this one up. :( Actually, I think there might be a Sinful dupe called Courtney Orange (mine is unlabeled). But I wanted the cute tombstone bottle.

Erika on September 22, 2011 at 8:51 PM said...

Yeeah... You got the M&M's for the picture. I believe you.

Really.

I do.

Just ask anyone.

They'll tell you.

:P

I have seen mixed reviews of this polish. That wouldn't stop me from picking it up and giving it a tumble, should it actually arrive in my area... The Fantasy Makers didn't, last year so I am not expecting them to do so, this year. *sigh*

Vandaleyez Makeup on September 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM said...

I am so in love with orange nail polish. I have never tried this myself, but I might still check it out. It looks great on your nails!

The Lacquered Lady on September 22, 2011 at 11:04 PM said...

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm really not a fan of this color, regardless of how I have seen it swatched. However, your nails do look fabulous!

fingers on September 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM said...

You have to love the m&m prop! How funny that the color matches it!!

Makeup and Mutts on September 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM said...

What a shame! 4 coats and it's still not totally opaque!

I love the packaging of all of these.

Unknown on September 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM said...

That's too bad that it's a pain. It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love the prop! too cute! I got this polish--not looking forward to using it now after all your problems!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

@Shally That's a great idea to try it over a dark purple! Thanks, hon!

@Playing with Polish If you get the chance to borrow it, do try it. But as a purchase, meh.

@purplegreenpanda I did see the Sinful Colors Courtney Orange. I wonder how SC applies compared. ??

@Ice Queen I thought you'd have my back! No, really. I did. No M&M leftovers for you! ;)

I didn't get any tombstones last year. But this year, I wanted to try this orange and the Purple Potion. I hope PP applies better too.

@Vandaleyez Makeup Thank you! For a buck 99, it's not a terrible investment. And if you know, going in, that there is the possibility that it can be fussy, then you could fall in love with it.

@The Lacquered Lady Ah, you're no debbie downer. If all oranges applied like this, I wouldn't go any further with the color. And, orange is a shade I feel is outside my 'comfort level.' Thank you for the compliment, though. :D

@Fingers You know I just happened to be munching on them after I finished polishing and thought, hey, those colors match!

@Vintage Makeup I'm not going to dismiss the idea that it could be the talent(less) of the user that keeps this orange from winning with me. And, yes, the tombstone look is too darling. :)

@thenailaholic When I look at the photos, I will shamelessly say that it looks better than it behaved. But then, that's the fourth attempt at getting a decent look too.

@imfeelingnail-venturous I'll be interested to read what your experience will be. You just may find that it is a well-behaved child for you. :)

purplegreenpanda on September 26, 2011 at 12:49 AM said...

Derp. I knew I forgot something, haha. I want to say 2 coats but I'll do a swatch to be sure when I change my current mani.

purplegreenpanda on October 5, 2011 at 3:40 AM said...

Hiya! Okay, I don't know what I was smoking when I thought Courtney Orange was a dupe. It's a blindingly bright red-orange that's closer to Orly Emberstone... Sorry! hehe If you're still wondering, it's two to three coats, depending on how much VNL bothers.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates