UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Three Polish Brands; One Big Holiday Polish Haul

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Three Polish Brands; One Big Holiday Polish Haul

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/16/2011 06:06:00 PM
These are my recent nail polish hauls. And it's a haulage!!

I got these at Sally's. I wanted to get 'Ingenue' as well, but it was gone!
These two polishes are from Orly's Holiday Soiree collection. On the left, the gawdawesome 'Androgynie'. The one on the right, that's 'Oui'.

Go ahead and take a closer look...

'Androgynie'...the final frontier. The baby lacey nail file is cute but utterly useles.


'Oui' to a gold and silvery-purple duochrome.

Lovely shades. Nothing terribly new, but these are the shades of polish I like. You can see some 'hot damn' swatches of this collection at I Drink Nail Polish's blog.

I was at the right place at the right time to get this collection from China Glaze...

This China Glaze collection is from the one called Eye Candy 3-D. I don't know what the 3-D part is because these polishes have no more or less depth to them than any other glitters. But, maybe I missed getting the free 3-D glasses that should have come with these.  I did get in on the sale at Ulta though. I bought 2 and got 1 free. At first, I was only going to get 5 but since that sixth one was free, I got them all.


The first one above is called 'Lorelei's Tiara.' That's the one that has silver glitter and then some teal glitter swirling around within. That is one of the more unique looks.

Next to that is 'Marry A Millionaire'. Great saying that goes with a medium purple glitter with holo bar glitter. Another rather new look to me.

And then the last one in this line up is a gold glitter; 'Blonde Bombshell.' This is the one I wasn't going to get at first. It's a gold glitter but has these larger sizes of gold glitter as well. I feel I have to get my nose right down into it to see the differences in the sizes, however.



Next set...
From left over to right; 'Material Girl'; 'Some Like it Haute (named after one of my favorite movies); and then 'Love Marilyn.'

 'Material Girl' is a dusty pink glitter with larger sized pink holo glitter.
Next is 'Some Like It Haute.' This one is another favorite. It's a dark, slate gray and has holo glitter suspended in it. Last is 'Love Marilyn' and this is a gorgeous red glitter sprinkled with silver glitter.

There's 'Androgenie' next to 'Some Like It Haute'...
 I know they are not the same and the only similarities can be they are both dark and have holo glitter. However, when you put them side by side, they actually bring out the unique flavor of each other.

Blurred for shimmer, you can see both are full of holographic glitter. 'Androgynie' has the larger hex shaped pieces.

And lastly, I found the Nicole By OPI's Holiday Glitter collection. I picked up just two...
 On the left, 'Orna-ment For Each Other'. Now that's a Santa suit red! It's got speckles of gold glitter within a sea of red glitter. Ho Ho Ho!
 And on the right, that's 'Glitter In My Stocking.' It's a bright gold glitter that has red and copper glitter thrown in for some major holiday awe-ness.


They look like glitter tree ornaments, don't they?

There were a total of 4 shades to this collection. One was a fuchsia glitter ('My Sleigh Is In The Shop) and the other was a bright blue with a rainbow assortment of colored micro-glitter called  'Snowman of My Dreams.' I hemmed and hawed over that one and I think I've convinced myself that I will have to go back and get it.


I better get busy and Holiday Swatch! Do you have any of these or, are there some here that you know you'll get?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates