UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: 'Yule' Be Seeing Red With These Comparisons

Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Yule' Be Seeing Red With These Comparisons

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/24/2011 07:26:00 PM
In the years before becoming a blogger, during the Holidays, I'd just wear a red creme polish. I haven't traveled too far from that love. Red will always be my favorite nail polish color to wear. (Oops, I should have named the blog after a RED vanity, eh?)

These red polishes were fun to compare...
 Sorting through my untrieds, these are some hot reds that I found.
Starting from the left: Finger Paint's 'Magenta Mood'; Color Club's 'Yule Love It' (from the '09 Holiday collection); Zoya's 'Sarah.'

This started out as a comparison post and not a dupe one, but you'll soon find that it all takes a turn...
 Here are the polishes in the order I put them on my nails.

And, this was my outcome. 'Sarah' is on my thumb as well as my ring finger. 'Magenta Mood' is on my index and pinky. That leaves 'Yule Love It' for the middle finger.

Zoya and Finger Paints, surprisingly, are dupes. I couldn't tell them apart. That is, if I don't count the application. Zoya reigns supreme in that area.

I didn't put on cuticle oil before taking photos, and that's a super bad habit. In this photo, can you see how 'Sarah' and 'Magenta Mood' are total twins?

Color Club's 'Yule Love It' looks bubbly and gritty next to the other two. It wasn't bubbly, just gritty.

The opinion I'll give is that you do not need both 'Sarah' and 'Magenta Mood'. Zoya is going to get my vote because it applied so much easier. Even with just 2 coats, both of these were fine. However, I completed the mani with a total of 3 coats. And I didn't use a top coat.

Next post will be on Holiday greens. 

Do you have any of these reds? Gotta favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates