UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Too Much Glitter? NEVER!!!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Too Much Glitter? NEVER!!!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/26/2011 05:14:00 PM
These are two spectacular, glitter-over-the-top, polishes I like...
One word to describe: SPARKLE. One word not to describe: boring.

If you were to ask me to pick you out one super sparkly polish, it would be one of these two. It's only when I see them together that I can make any comparisons, but no preference...
On the left is Icing's 'Pop A Bottle' and, on the right is Color Club's 'Sugar Plum Fairy.' Fairy dust and pixie powder!

'Pop A Bottle' has gold, magenta, and teal micro-glitter in a translucent, very light beige base. The beige helps the glitter become opaque after the second coat. The application of this one, at first, wasn't quite so smooth. It had a habit of bunching up at the tip. I worked at getting more of the glitter to adhere towards the base of my nail by dabbing the brush. After the first coat, however, the other two applied very evenly.

This is 'Sugar Plum Fairy' and it is an iridescence of all Holiday colors. The glitter appears to change color as the angle of view changes. Think of a soap bubble, and there you have it. The refracted light is all over the place so your eyes can't help but to look at it.

Now, comparing them on my nails...
'Pop a Bottle' is on the thumb, middle and pinky. I have 'Sugar Plum Fairy' on the index and ring finger. Are they just not the stuff from a Winter Wonderland?

Using 3 coats made these polishes opaque and awe-inspiring all alone with no color base coat necessary. No fooling, these are gritty. I am showing them to you without a top coat so their own, true shine comes through. And as with almost all glitter, there is the price to pay to remove the stuff. I didn't have to use the foil method but I did scrub, and scrub a lot.

With a closer look, 'Sugar Plum Fairy' photographs like a silver glitter polish. Regular photography doesn't have the ability to give a true depth of a holographic item. Since holograms are most noted when they are moving or light is moving across them, it just doesn't show the true nature. But, I think there are plenty of readers of beauty/nail bloggers that know just how magnificent holographic glitters/polishes can be.

I don't have a favorite between these two. Much like my two cats, I don't have a favorite but love them each for their own existence. So, in all fairness, don't ask me to pick one over the other. :)

Can you say which one is your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates