UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Ghosts of Christmas Dupes

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Ghosts of Christmas Dupes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/20/2011 03:39:00 PM
Can you believe there are this many polish dupes this season? I don't know if this is normal, as it didn't seem like that last year.

Well, here are some more to check out...

I really like these combos. First is Color Club's 'Jingle Jangle' from their Beyond the Mistletoe collection. Very much micro-glitter in a very light gold, light purple, and iridescent colors. Next to that is China Glaze's 'Twinkle Lights' from the Let It Snow collection. This one doesn't look totally similar in the bottle, however.

  'Twinkle Lights' has glitter that is a bit larger than the Color Club's. The glitter is gold, red and green. It looks very pretty in the bottle. I'd love to have a long scarf like this and wear it with a dark green or black shirt.

This is what they look like side by side...

'Jingle Jangle' is on my thumb, middle and pink. I put 'Twinkle Lights' on my index and on my ring nail. Hard to see a difference, even though they seemed quite different in the bottle.  I didn't get in super macros on this but you can see just the very slightest bit of green in the 'Twinkle Lights' on the two nails. 


My thoughts, if you need just one, you might be hard pressed to decide. Here's why: China Glaze applied a bit easier and had less drag than Color Club. But Color Club's 'Jingle Jangle' gave more coverage with the 2 coats I applied. Once again, I didn't put on a top coat so you could see just how sparkly they were without it.


Now, on the right hand...
These are out of order from how I applied them on the nails. However, this is what is lined up here: Finger Paint's 'Santa Kisses' and this is from the Merry and Bright collection. In the middle is China Glaze's 'Ring in the Red' and that is from the Let It Snow holiday collection. On the right is Wet 'n Wild's 'Rockin' Rubies.' That is from the recent Ice Baby collection.
 Wet 'n Wild's 'Rockin' Red.'
 China Glaze's 'Ring In The Red.'
And this is Finger Paint's 'Santa Kisses.'

They can all look similar, at first glance because they are reds all within the same hue.

So, let's see what happens when they end up on the nails...

Starting with my thumb and ring finger: that is Wet 'n Wild's 'Rockin' Red.' Then on the index finger and pink, that's China Glaze's 'Ring In The Red.' And all alone, on the middle finger, I have applied Finger Paint's 'Santa Kisses.'

Let me start off with 'Rockin' Red.' This polish has pink glitter floating in a mass of red micro-glitter. And then, sometimes that pink glitter will flash red. It's a trickster.

On the index and pinky, I have China Glaze, and this is my favorite of the three. With the first coat, which almost always is thin, I can tell that the base color is a translucent red. Swatching it on white pape, it looks fuchsia next to the other two. But the micro and semi-micro glitter is red, no doubt. This gives it better coverage in two coats than the other two.

Last is Finger Paints and I'm actually disappointed in this one. The base is a much weaker base of red. And it has true red glitter but only one size. However, it didn't give as complete coverage as the other two did. It would need three or four coats to become opaque. So you might want to keep that in mind.

The lighting is off, but I wanted you to see the differences in the opaqueness of the three.

I think they are similar, again, that I wouldn't need all of them. For the gold, my favorite, easily is China Glaze's 'Twinkle Lights.' And I'm favoring China Glaze's 'Ring In The Red' for the red glitter.

Tell me your thoughts on these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates