UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Copy Cats, Round Deux(P)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Copy Cats, Round Deux(P)

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/18/2011 08:03:00 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback letting me know you like dupe posts as much as I do.

Here are a couple more for you to check out...
These twins, separated at birth, are China Glaze's 'Lorelei's Tiara' and Sally Hansen's 'ShowGirl Chic.' 'Lorelei's Tiara' comes from the 3-D Glitter collection. 'ShowGirl Chic' is from the Gem Crush collection. I have acquired all of the polishes, in this post, in the last 2 weeks; brand new stuff.


Here's a side by side. Cameras do weird things with contrasting sparkles, like here. If you look at the top photo, of the Sally Hansen polish, that is a totally accurate color representation. The bottom photo, even though they still look the same, it looks as if they are smoky or grey. They are not.


On the nails...I used SH's 'ShowGirl Chic' on the thumb, middle and pinky. China Glaze is on the index and ring finger. These polishes are stuffed with silver glitter. Then for a playful splash, there is a bit of deep teal glitter added.

Very hard to see a difference...

The index and the middle finger look so close. I'm not sure why the ring finger looks more pigmented. I did 2 coats on all nails and I didn't use any top coat. I didn't figure I needed to because, well, just look at all that sparkle!!

That was the left hand, and here is what I did on the right hand...and yes, I wore these to work just like you see here...

 On the left is China Glaze's 'Love Marilyn'. The Sally Hansen is called 'Cha-Ching!' These both are from the same collections mentioned above. The photos put up a noticeable difference, not a huge one though. The dominant glitter color is, of course, red...lots of it. And then to spice it up, a pinch or two of regular size silver glitter. (I was thinking 'Rudolph Puke'....LOL!!)

In the direct sunlight, it seems that 'Love Marilyn' has denser glitter.

So, let's see how they play out on the nails...

 Again, just the slightest bit of difference. Not much. The SH is on the thumb, middle and pinky. China Glaze is on the index and ring finger.  I did experience some drag with 'Love Marilyn' and you can even see a bald spot on my thumb with 'Cha-Ching!'

However, these reds are blinged out sparkly. The SH applied OK, but, in both comparisons, the China Glaze went on smoother. Close up, it shows that 'Cha-Ching!' is not as dense in glitter as 'Love Marilyn.'

Here's my thoughts on these comparisons: you do not need both unless you are a hoarder polish blogger/lover like me. The differences are slight and, in person, only noticeable to a very discerning eye. But if you want a super-duper, sparkly Christmas look, both colors are going to do you right.

The China Glaze applied the easiest. All were gritty so if you don't like that feel, you will not like these. I don't mind it. Wear was good for the day I had it on. These colors made me feel festive and cheery. But they must have loved me just as much because they didn't want to leave me (aka...scrubbed to get them removed). I only used 2 coats and no top coat. That was a real winner as well.

Are they close enough for you that you wouldn't need both? Which color do you like best?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates