UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Flame-Tip Fingernails Created with Zoya

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flame-Tip Fingernails Created with Zoya

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 4/09/2011 08:59:00 PM
This is a follow-up on my post from yesterday.  Quite by accident (aka just not paying attention), I mixed Zoya's 'Tanzy' with 'Rica' on my nails.  I saw the potential of something cool.  So, after I had my nails polished at the salon, I came home and did this...
I made a gradiated effect with Zoya's 'Rica' on the tips.  I like that it is very subtle however, I hope you can see it in the photos.  I got some strong, evening sunlight happening here.

I think this last photo captures it the best, but it is WAY more sparkly in person.  Both polishes are. 

I tried this first with a sponge.  But since the polishes are very close in color, I ended up just layering, with just the bottle's brush, the tips, 3 times at shorter and shorter lengths so the color built up on just the tips.  And to think, I wasn't going to order both of these colors.  As I mentioned yesterday, I'm not a lover of orange polish.  So, I'm VERY happy with 'Tanzy' and had fun with 'Rica' to make flame-tip fingernails. 

This was my first attempt at gradiation.  Have you tried it?  What method did you use to create your look?

4 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on April 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM said...

They are both very pretty on you. :) I like this effect. I've never tried it though I plan on it soon. :)

Recalcitrant Nails on April 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM said...

Flaming! I hope they were a hit at the meet and greet. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on April 10, 2011 at 10:03 PM said...

@MissMidnight Actually, it was very easy since the colors where so close in hue. It was a great first try for me.

@LWTT I only had my right hand done at the time and I only had 1 coat. I wasn't finished with it but didn't want to make a gawdawful mess to wear to the meet up. ;)

FOREVER '92 on April 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM said...

Amazing mani
-this is HOT, literally !!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates