UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Spy...New Stuff At Walgreens 6/28

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Spy...New Stuff At Walgreens 6/28

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/30/2011 09:28:00 PM
Just a quickly before I spam you tomorrow with a July 4th manicure.

This week, I must have stopped off in 5 different Walgreens looking for new Wet 'n Wild stuff. Nada!! But, this display was new to me and caught my eye...
This is Revlon's new, summer edition called 'Sweety Seductive.'


There are 6 sets of polish with a matching lippy.

This is why they caught my attention...

Sparkles!!!

And, you can see just a bit from the yellow shade that these are scented.

Quite honestly, I am surprised I didn't cave. But then, I had an orthopedic doctor's appointment the following day and I didn't know if I was going to have to have surgery or not. Happy, happy!!!!...I do not! We, originally, thought I had a partially torn rotator cuff. But it is just hugely inflamed.

Anyway, back to makeup world...I can see why it may be a problem in finding some of the new Sinful Colors displays if other stores follow suit...
Maybe only one has sold out of this new collection. The display backboard is jammed up behind the shelf above it; you can't tell what collection this is. I think this is the 'Get Swirling' collection.

As a merchandiser, I think the company that sells Sinful Colors would have an issue with their product's placement. Did you know brands 'rent' spots (or, real estate, as we merchandisers call it) where their merchandise is placed? When you see a particular brand or product being displayed in a window or an endcap, that company is paying the store extra to have that exposure.

Even people in retail don't know this and thus, never realize that there is a 'purpose' for plan-o-grams. Thus, why I have a job; companies don't trust stores to put products where they are supposed to. That's what I get to do. :)

3 comments:

Bookworm Nails on July 1, 2011 at 2:13 PM said...

Woah, I didn't know that about the merchandise displays! But it makes sense...

I like those Sinful Colors!

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM said...

Ohhhh, it is BIG business! Especially for places like Dillards, Macys, etc. Nike isn't necessary the best quality; they just stick their merchandise in people's faces a lot. LOL

free samples and coupons on September 10, 2011 at 1:10 AM said...

Thanks for sharing this. I find around your blog and found your blog is superb. There is a lot of info for me to study, thanks for your great share.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates