UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Loving My Hearts - St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 12

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Loving My Hearts - St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 12

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/12/2011 07:11:00 PM
Wow!  Only two more days after today!  This Marathon has gone quickly since I have done a post every day.

This is my favorite St. Valentine's Day manicure polish for the entire marathon.  This is Finger Paint's 'Up & Coming Artist'...
 


 It's a bubblegum pink and it's a girly pink-slight-shimmer color.  There are several reasons I like Finger Paints.  One is they are affordable.  Another one is that they have a wide color assortment.  And yet another, they have clever names.
It just would happen that my nails would break and then they'd all be uneven lengths.  Man, my right hand is even worse!  Hopefully, 'Up & Coming Artist' is so pretty that it distracts from the uneven lengths and the crying for moisture cuticles.

I even noticed that my adidas shirt I had on when photographing this manicure matched...
So, could I play around with this manicure and add in some love?
But, of course!  I didn't own one single Nicole by OPI until about 25 days ago.  It was that Spawn of Satan, 'Justin Bieber' that had a collection done by Nicole that possessed me.  Then I saw 'Love Your Life' and knew it would really work for this Manicure Marathon.

I tested 'Love Your Life' on some wax paper to see how dense the heart glitter was.  Well, it wasn't very dense at all, which has been my experience with mega glitter polish.  So, using the same wax paper, I swiped polish on it til I got a hold of some hearts and then transferred them onto my nails.  I still had to stroke the polish on the nails because there is pink and iridescent  micro-glitter in it.  But I manually, randomly placed the hearts.


The heart glitter is subtle enough that it doesn't make me look like I'm 13.   But then what would I know; I act 13!

I put on a couple of coats of Seche Clear to trap the glitter down.  It worked on most of them.  I think I only lost one the day and a half I wore this manicure.
Sweet enough for a St. Valentine's Day manicure.  Oh, and yes, that glitter didn't come off the nail easily at all.  At that point, it ceased being a sweetheart!

Do you have any mega-sized glitter polish?  If you do, what's the shape?

9 comments:

The Peach on February 12, 2011 at 7:31 PM said...

Love this mani! I haven't been keeping up with your marathon recently :( But I always love a good bubble gum pink. And the heart glitter is perfect with it!

Unknown on February 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM said...

very cute!! My mani of the day looks so much like this! Great minds think alike :)

Erika on February 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM said...

Pretty! :)

I also own Love Your Life. I wore it the past few days and removed it today and it was a pain in the butt to remove. Took me forever. lol And fishing those little hearts out to apply them... Gah!

MissMidnightBlue on February 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM said...

I Love the color on you. This is a very cute mani! :) You rock the pinks! :D

jbrobeck on February 12, 2011 at 10:47 PM said...

i have some star glitter, but I can never get it to lay down!

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM said...

@Peach I always know you are there though. :) Have you worn any bubblegum colors lately?

@Brooke I've been reading your week of pink too. I recommend everyone to check out your blog. The pink week has been fun to do.

@Ice Queen It was a challenge to get that glitter off...sheesh! And then it was like it had two layers too.

@MissMidnight Why, thank you!

@jbrobeck I have some black stars and glow in the dark crescent moons. I 'think' I have some star one for July 4th as well. I'll look for it when the time comes. ;) You might want to try the wax paper trick.

Lokum Hanim on February 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM said...

This valentine's day i prefered red mani =) but i like pink on you =)

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM said...

@Zuzu I used to always wear red for Valentine's Day. However, since I promote the color pink, well, see what I mean? ;)

Prettyfulz on February 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM said...

Ahh I love this!! I remember seeing the Nicole by OPI heart polish & now I will never understand why I didn't buy it that day. lol <33

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates