UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Just When You Think All Cheap Nail Polish Is Imported

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just When You Think All Cheap Nail Polish Is Imported

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/03/2011 07:16:00 PM
As a freelance merchandiser, I do a lot of driving around, visiting clients and doing projects.  Two weeks ago, I stumbled onto this beauty supply store that was just opening.  I had to swing by.  I found some goodies too.  In fact, I went there yesterday and got more goodies.  I'll be showing those later in the month.

For $1, I'll try a no name polish.  This brand is called Nicka K.  The bottle says that it's 3-Free and Made in the USA.  How about that!
This shade is 'Pretty Pink.'  As a reader, you know about my pet peeve with less than glamorous and uncreative nail polish names.  I'm going to let this one slide, only because is really is a pretty pink.

In real life, you can tell that this is an iridescent shade.  Not the bluish-green shade but a red-pink one.

And since it was totally sheer, I dressed it up a tad with 'Blitzen' from the Wet 'N Wild 2010 Holiday Collection.  There's 3 coats of the 'Pretty Pink' and 2 of 'Blitzen.'

Save for terribly nasty cuticles (why am I haunted with these!), this is a cute look and I like it very much.  It is one that shines its best out in the sunlight.  And with a color combination that has iridescent shimmer and glitter, you'll want to admire it in the best way possible.

Do you like safer, softer pinks or do you like bold bubblegum pinks?  Maybe you want to stay away from pink altogether?

5 comments:

The Peach on February 3, 2011 at 7:20 PM said...

Great find! This polish looks awesome with Blitzen over it!

OnceBitten on February 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM said...

ooh you're gonna have to share those locations with me! :)

I prefer magentas (are they considered pink?) Though I'm still trying to branch out and find more color that are out of my comfort zone. Light and bubble gum pinks are both in that category.

SiSi Sparkles on February 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM said...

Love finds like that! That's a nice color on ya :]

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 4, 2011 at 6:53 AM said...

@Peach I felt the need to spruce it up a tad.

@OnceBitten It's in Sanford. He definitely has a lot of colors. My branching out to yellows could have been accomplished there, for sure. But I passed...again.

@SiSi Sparkles Thanks! I think this color would be nice on most skin tones. It's a very 'safe' color.

Satori (Karina) on February 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM said...

I love pinks in all shades - from sheers to the deepest, and from cremes to shimmers and sometimes even a pink frost!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates