UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Spy...New Stuff At Walgreens Today

Monday, February 28, 2011

I Spy...New Stuff At Walgreens Today

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/28/2011 08:20:00 PM
Have you read about the Sinful Colors polish that is a green flaky called 'Green Ocean'? I read about it on Nouveau Cheap's blog.  She reckoned this St. Patrick's day re-release to a 'blue-green Hidden Treasure.'  This, naturally, created a big, fat lemming!  Today, I stopped by the Walgreens closest to my home and didn't find it.  I was really disappointed.  But, I know I'm going to pass at least 5 stores tomorrow while out and about working.

I didn't want to let the trip be a waste though.  Here are some things I did find...
I love nail art!  Kiss' New Fine Art Pens look like they would make 'drawing' on your nails really easy.  I need easy. :)  I have a lot of nail art stuff.  What I've learned about doing all this nail art is, having a lot of nail art stuff doesn't make you good at it.  Fail.  Rats.

The display didn't even have a price on it.  In fact, a lot of the items on the 'promo area' didn't have prices.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and that they had just put all those out only 2 minutes ago. 

Each package has 2 pens in it.  There were 2 different sets.  One set was pink and white, while the other was black and silver.

The next display I saw wasn't necessary for new products either, but it did catch my eye...

The reason this stood out to me is because it was boring and terribly uninviting.  I'm thinking there is a lot of unused space!  As a visual merchandiser, I know that companies have it down to the nth how much everything has to cost to pay for retail real estate (the place it occupies).   This one fails in volume and interest.  Some artsy fartsy sold this to Revlon by saying 'it's CLEAN and FOCUSED.'  Oh, boy. 

What do you guess the Kiss Nail Artist pens sell for?  I'm going to say $3.99.  ???

8 comments:

Jackie Croasdale said...

I bet your about right but just going to throw out a price and say $4.99 (onflation you know! lol)anyways!

Phyrra on February 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM said...

The end cap is definitely blah. I saw it this weekend at my local walgreens.

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM said...

@Jackie I think we are in the right ballpark, anyway.

@Phyrra I was really surprised by the total under-playing of this display.

jbrobeck on March 1, 2011 at 5:49 AM said...

I feel you on that horrible endcap. I know how much it costs to pay for floorspace!

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 1, 2011 at 8:23 AM said...

@jbrobeck With the economy as such, I just don't get it.

MissMidnightBlue on March 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM said...

I saw these pens yesterday I think if I remember they were going for $2.99 I could be wrong. But You might be right though. Like you I was looking for the Sinful Colors for St. Patty's day too no luck I went to 2 different ones by me, nadda. I'm gonna go later this week to see if they have it.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 1, 2011 at 10:27 PM said...

@MissMidnight I found them today! WooT! Oh, you'll be seeing swatches on it too. lol

ABOP Laquerlove on March 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM said...

If those pens are $2.99, I'm definitely snapping them up! I was in CVS today and the Sally Hansen nail art pens were 9.49! Where do they get that pricing from?!
Thanks for this post!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates