UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Perpetually Purple Gave Me Promising Pride

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Perpetually Purple Gave Me Promising Pride

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/20/2011 06:44:00 PM
Isn't it great to stumble onto some new brand of polish and just adore it?  I did about a month ago.

My job takes me out and about all over town.  I can stop by different Sally's, CVS, Walgreens, Kohl's and Ross stores.  I like Ross because I can get older collections of Color Club polishes there.

Then, I stumbled onto a brand called Cosmetic Arts...
I picked up 4 different colors because I had no idea how good they would be.  The first color I swatched was a pink during my St. Patrick's Day Marathon Manicure here.  And for a creme, I was impressed and happy with how easy it was for me to use.

I also picked up in that shopping spree this purple.  Yowza, is it PURPLE!  No name?  How about 'Perpetually Purple'?  I got 2 compliments on this before I even left the nail salon.  I wonder if it was obvious that I was admiring my own nails.  lol!
What a color!  I did find 4 more, new colors at a Ross yesterday.  However, there wasn't an almost full display like I found the first time...
Since Color Club is one of my favorite nail brands, I went to their site only to discover that their parent company, Forsythe Cosmetic Group, Ltd., makes Cosmetic Arts as well.  No wonder my love-fest for it.  See that purple polish set in the front?  That's the same as my swatch, just that the color is more true in the group photo.
I don't think I'm going to change my salon manicure for a few days, I like this so much.  And it is an unusual shade of purple. 
No sunshine today in Florida.  But I couldn't hide that shine if I tried.  This is 2 coats and a salon top coat.  I should have sneaked a look at that top coat they used.  But they refill their bottles so I know it wasn't what the bottle said.  Alas, I'm just left to be narcissistic with my manicure.

Mimi, who owns Makeup Withdrawal blog, got a serious lemming from the color I used during the Marathon.  I owned up that I found it at Ross.  However, she reported back to me that her Ross stores tend to be picked over before she can get to them.  I can relate; mine usually are too.  However, she told me she got lucky and found one Cosmetic Arts polish left and snagged it.  I'm looking forward to her swatching it on her blog.  Check out her blog because she does a bang up job on swatches and reviews. 

This is one time I showed buying restraint and wish I would have gone ahead and bought all the colors I liked right off.  Have you ever done that yourself?  What item was it?

10 comments:

Unknown on February 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM said...

wow i love this colour can you buy online i need this!! xx

Heather on February 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

It is so weird how they sell the same polishes under different brand names. I have this exact same color from a Meijer store, under the brand name Massini, also manufactured by Forsythe. I've decided it is the same as Color Club's Pucci-licious.

Unknown on February 20, 2011 at 9:09 PM said...

That colour is fabulous!! I love it :)

Kayla
http://beautymark3d.blogspot.com/

The Peach on February 20, 2011 at 10:28 PM said...

Great color! Erin from Persistently Polished turned me on to Cosmetic Arts polishes. I thought they were only being sold in the Northwest, but it looks like they are turning up other places also!

Phyrra on February 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM said...

I love all the alliteration! Pretty purple :)

Ashley Tiernan on February 21, 2011 at 6:42 AM said...

Wow Kimberly I love this color. I bet it will be so hard for me to find this color online. You have also got me wanting Color Club nail polish now its hard for me to find but Im not giving up :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM said...

@Charlotte Marie I looked online because I wanted more polishes. Then Mimi said they had this grand glittery Christmas collection. But I couldn't find anyone selling these. I even checked Ebay, to no avail.

@Heather I keen eye like yours can spot those dupes and not have to worry about tracking down Cosmetic Arts.

@BeautyMark3d Love your moniker! Thanks for the compliment. :)

@Peach This may be what's going on; any overstock from the North gets sold to Ross which then disperses them throughout their stores. Color Club mentioned on Twitter a few months back that they don't like this but on the other hand, are glad folks are liking their product.

@Phyrra Sometimes I don't know which I like to do better; the writing or the polishing ;)

@Ashley I know you can find Color Club online, like with www.head2toebeauty.com. I don't know if they ship internationally though.

Stacie on February 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM said...

Its so hard to photograph purple! I had the same problem yesterday
Stacie xoxox

jbrobeck on February 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

love that color, and if it is the same as pucci-licious, that bottle shape is way better!

Donna on February 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM said...

As Heather said, Massini aka Studio M is also a Forsythe brand as is Funky Fingers. I know that Funky Fingers had some dupes of the Christmas glitters because I got some of them! So you might try checking ebay for those if you can't find the Color Club or Cosmetic Arts ones. The ones I have are "Blitzen" which is mostly green with blue, red, and purple. "Sugar Plum" which is a red leaning purple, with silver, red, and blue glitter. "Icicle Lights" which is a blue leaning purple with red, green, and silver. Icicle Lights is supposed to be similar to Mad Hatter, except Mad Hatter has more than one size glitter and Icicle Lights they are all the same size.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates