UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Cupid Glitter-St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon - Day 8

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cupid Glitter-St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon - Day 8

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/08/2011 05:00:00 PM
What's up for Day 8??  A vibrant, red glitter layering polish.

'Dark Red Glitter', by NYX, will make any coordinating base coat POP!  I didn't layer it, this time, because I wanted to see if, by chance, I could get an opaque look. Not going to happen though.  Here's 4 coats and you can still see VNL...
I was surprised, that with all the glitter in the polish, that not much of it transferred to the nail.  However, since it really is meant to be a layering polish, you don't really want a ton of glitter or, you end up with it looking garish. And on that note, here's my rename of this color: 'Cupid's Trail.'
 'Dark Red Glitter' has a faint, pink base with pink and fuchsia glitter within.  This polish stayed on hard for the 2 days I wore it.  It was a bit of a pistol to remove, however.  I'll save this one to spice up another color.  It has great potential and the glitter is over the top sparkly.

Sometimes I will take a layering polish like 'Dark Red Glitter' and put it on a couple of days old mani to spruce it up until I have time for a complete mani.  Do you do this too? 

5 comments:

Stacie on February 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM said...

I think it would be better with a clear base.. it just looks like the colour leaked out of the glitter!

Lace Escapades on February 8, 2011 at 6:20 PM said...

Yep, this would be a great layering polish. Plus it looks really pretty in the bottle. :P

-Kieran

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 8, 2011 at 8:39 PM said...

@Stacie I just don't seem to like to layer these. I really want them to look like the color in the bottle. lol

@Kieran I'll just add this to my growing stash of layering polishes.

Megan Harmeyer on February 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM said...

Great name for the polish. And 4 coats? There isn't a whole lot of glitter on the nail - how disappointing!

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM said...

@Megan It really didn't deliver the glitter! lol

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates