UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: 'After Dark', Do You Really Think About Your Toes?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'After Dark', Do You Really Think About Your Toes?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/22/2011 06:47:00 PM
There are some vampy-color nail polishes that look damn good in real life but, they don't translate on camera very well
.
This is one of them...

I got this at the beauty supply store.  This is Nicka A's 'After Dark.'  I'm sure this is a take off of OPI's 'Lincoln Park After Dark' and another, Rimmel 60 Second Polish's 'Deliciously Dark.'  It has that same blackened, deep burgundy wine color.


Shows up lovingly in the bottle...
But it is not translating to the toes very well.  When I took these photos, this evening, I didn't think I would capture any of the burgundy.  However, I see a tad bit of it here.  Otherwise, it looks like just a black polish.  And that's just too bad because 'After Dark' is more sultry with that hint of burgundy in there.  I have on 3 coats here, and followed up with Seche Clear.

Besides the polish being too far away from my eyes to enjoy the color, this polish didn't level out very well on its own.  But a couple coats of Seche Clear and it hid a lot of that.

'After Dark' is not a polish I'm going to put back into the dark of my closet.  I think I'm going to try it later on as a nail look.

Do you sometimes feel your toes are too far away to enjoy the pretty polish you put on them?  ;)

4 comments:

SammieDoo on February 23, 2011 at 8:51 AM said...

Oh this is a beautiful..... dark color. Love the P. Purple too. Are these nice opaque colors? 2 coat coverage. Been using the OPI Fast drying top coat it's a good one too. :-)
Almost time for lady bug toes. :-)

Thea

KarenD on February 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM said...

I get frustrated when I end up with something on my toes that really needs to be seen up close to be appreciated--I can't get close enough & I don't want other people to get their eyes that close either. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 23, 2011 at 5:28 PM said...

@thearb Ah, you made it! They are opaque with 2 coats. Some reason, I judge them 'good polishes' when I get total coverage in 2 coats. Ohhh, you gonna do lady bug toes??!!

@KarenD Frustrated is the right word. Plus, I don't wear sandals but very rarely, and never flip flops. So actually, I wear toe polish for my own pleasure. :)

Vandaleyez Makeup on February 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM said...

oooo! That looks great! I think I would love it :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates