UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/02/2011 06:16:00 PM
For many years when I was single, it seemed like the whole world was 'coupled.'  I was the only one not with someone.  And just when I came to terms with it, I met my husband.  But I still spent many a Valentine's Day with no flowers and syrupy cards and it was heartbreaking.

Thankfully, I'm not as heartbroken with a manicure gone bad.  However, it is still disappointing to find that it doesn't turn out the way I had envisioned.

Good idea, fail on execution...

 Starting at the beginning...I found these nail stencils at Claire's.  Cute and $3.50 gets you 10 stencils, 2 different designs.

Next, I started with a light pink frost.  This one is from OPI and it's from a mini set that had something to do with a Wedding French manicure.  I've had this a long time so I don't remember the formal collection it came from...

It's a frosty, pink shell color.  Very demure and not only is it work appropriate, I think it's good for all ages too.
Sheer enough for visible nail line and doesn't hide craggy cuticles, but I can see healthy nail beds.
Here's were it really fell of the road.  I attempted a couple of the stencils but, this is what I ended up with...

Problem: the polish came off with the stencil.  I used two different brands of polish too.  The red on the thumb is 10 Professional Nail Polish in 'From Paris With Love.' (One of two types of polish that came out at CVS early last fall.  I posted here about it.) and for the pink I used Forever 21's Love & Beauty ain't got no name frost pink.

I tried the third time on my ring finger and didn't leave the polish on as long.  Still, not the look I wanted or expected to see from using the stencils.

So, how does one mend a broken heart?  Best advise, Zoya's Remove+.

As a side note, check out a more current version of 'How Do You Mend A Broken Heart.'  This is what happened to my heart throb!  Well, that first video is 40 YEARS OLD!!!  OMG!!!

Who else felt really old knowing that!

6 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on February 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM said...

LOL Zoya's Remove+ is good for all sorts of "mistakes". Bummer the stencils took off the polish because it's a cute idea.

The Peach on February 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM said...

That's too bad the stencils didn't work :( Would have been a cute mani with some red and pink hearts!

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 2, 2011 at 6:51 PM said...

@Megan Zoya is my newest nail product sweetheart!

@Peach It could have been operator error too. I can't blame it totally on stencils. Same with stamping. I can get maybe one good stamp out of the whole manicure. That frustrates me.

nicoletta on February 3, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

Aw they look so promising as well x

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM said...

@nicoletta I bet someone (maybe ANYONE) else could have succeeded. I'm just a dabbler in this art.

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard on February 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM said...

if those stencils are like http://smart-nails.com/ you want to remove the stencil immediately. (the plastic they are made of begins to melt soon after application. They look very similar, I think I'll have to try them! But I think smArtnails are less expensive?
Sorry it didn't work out, but hey! Zoya Remove+ is awesome!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates