UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Did I Just Pull This One Out Of My....Head???

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Did I Just Pull This One Out Of My....Head???

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/15/2011 07:24:00 PM
Here is one of those manicures that I dream about and then, actually, am able to create it...
This is Savvy's Femme Couture 'Andrea's Mint.'  I do not have a clue what that name means.  Anyone??  Bueller??
This color is truly Shamrock Green.  It's a frosty medium green that, actually, performed better than I expected.
It's only a little bit streaking and I can see, now, there is a bald spot on the upper left corner.  But, here's the look I actually dreamed about...
I'm not saying I 'invented' it, I just dreamed about it and then made it.  There is one thing missing, however...
In my dream, there was a thin line of gold between the black and the green.  I decided against doing that step since I did a half decent job with the black; I didn't want to ruin it!!
I taped off all but the side slant and used my Migi nail art pen to swipe on black.  I have several of these Migi sets and I do NOT use them enough. 

Let me go back to 'Andrea's Mint' for a moment.  I used 3 coats and was surprised by the opaqueness of just 2 coats.  Savvy's have been really watery for me, in the past, so I didn't expect this one to fair any better.  In fact, I was going to pitch it in the 'get lost' pile.  Talk about a sleeper!

My Migi pen was more than a bit on the thick side.  I had to let it dry a long time before I removed the tape mark-off.  Even then, it did pull on the green polish some.  But it all dried quite nicely and I think I'll wear this one, one more day.  I wish I had some gold foil stripes; that would tidy this one up just the way I wanted it.

This look is chic, to me.  What do you think?  Would you wear something like this?  Do you have or like the Migi nail art pens?

8 comments:

In Palace on March 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM said...

its an amazing green!

In Palace ♥

Lace Escapades on March 15, 2011 at 9:38 PM said...

Beautiful color. :) I love black and green manicures, the two shades just really compliment each other.

-Kieran

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 15, 2011 at 9:56 PM said...

@In Palace It's a great 'stock' green; perfect for a well-rounded color collection. lol

@Lace Escapades Something about those two colors seem uber chic. I'm glad you like too.

Megan Harmeyer on March 15, 2011 at 10:06 PM said...

WOOT!! Great green and great mani. I would (and have) worn nail art very much like this. I think it's perfect for St Patty's Day!

The Peach on March 15, 2011 at 11:10 PM said...

Awesome! A great green! And fun nail art! Good work on the mani!

MissMidnightBlue on March 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM said...

Wow! I love it! Black and green work so well together. I never even heard of those pens before.

SammieDoo on March 16, 2011 at 9:27 AM said...

Your nails are getting so long. Nice color :-) Love the black you used too. Kewl!

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM said...

@Megan Thanks! And I adore your water marbling St. Paddy's manicure!

@Peach You know you are a DEAR! If I could only have one green, I think this would be the one.

@MissMidnight You have to check out Migi pens! I have like 6 or 7 sets of them. They are on Facebook as well.

@SammieDoe Even though I have resorted to gel overlays, all but 2 are my own length. Natural nails were not holding up to the work I do.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates