UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: 'Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap' Manicure

Monday, March 7, 2011

'Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap' Manicure

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/07/2011 06:32:00 PM
In theory, lots of things should work out.  However, I find plenty that just don't.

Here is a polish from a few Christmas' past, China Glaze's 'Golden Enchantment'....
I got this really cheap off a Sally's clearance shelf.  I couldn't snag it fast enough!  One hot, sparkly holographic glitter!  Yep, all at once.  Look at them sparklies...
I didn't kid myself this time; I knew this was not going to be opaque with a hundred coats.  This is the color I chose to use as a base coat...
Out of the Alter Ego collection is Color Club's 'Revealed.'  Don't let it escape you, this does have a very, very slight pink pearl/shimmer to it.

Added together, I got...
Dirty Nails, Done Dirt Cheap.  Blech!  I look like a have failed to wash my hands and nails.  Worse than mannequin hands.
Dirty. And Cheap.  Definitely a mani I wasn't going to keep.  NEXT!!!

Just for kicks, the hyperlink is a parody; check it out.  Rock on, Angus!!!

Some of those light, dusty pinks make my nails/hands look dirty.   Does anyone else have that issue?

7 comments:

OnceBitten on March 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM said...

Love the new blog look!

In Palace on March 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM said...

love the nude colour, looks really cute!

In Palace ♥

Megan Harmeyer on March 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM said...

A couple things. 1: The new blog design looks great! 2: I love your description of this mani. Maybe it would look better over top black, or something? 3: I dont' think your nails look dirty, but they don't really stand out much. And finally, 4: I have colors like that, too - usually the really pale/dusty colors.

Lace Escapades on March 7, 2011 at 9:20 PM said...

Ah, bummer that it didn't work out! At least your new blog design is gorgeous!

-Kieran

The Peach on March 7, 2011 at 9:47 PM said...

Um...I'm confused. Weren't you on a St. Paddy's Day marathon? This isn't green! Ok, well gold, thats kind of "Pot 'O Gold" at the end of the rainbow! :)

MissMidnightBlue on March 7, 2011 at 10:17 PM said...

I don't know what you're talking about your nails do not look dirty.
Pretty colors. Maybe the gold will work with darker clors. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM said...

@OnceBitten Ahh, thank you!

@In Palace I think it's good to have a nude for the more 'sedate' events

@Megan I think a darker color would have been better; black is one I'm going to try out. This mani sure isn't a 'screamer.' Thanks about the new blog look. I have been wanting to change for some time. I get a bit chicken changing stuff because I worry I'll lose something.

@Lace Escapades I feel pretty comfortable showing fails. Maybe someone else can see it and make it better. At least, spur new ideas.
Thanks about the new look. Luckily, I found fivrr.com and they tweak my blog just right...for only $5!!

@Peach Girl, don't you know leprechauns guard pots of gold!! ;D

@MissMidnight I have to admit, when I looked at the photos, my nails looked better than in real life. I think there still is a saving grace for the gold. What do you think about a dark teal...Hmmmm????

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates