UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Mardi Gras Mani Madness!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras Mani Madness!!!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/08/2011 07:40:00 PM
Ooh, I almost missed any part of celebrating Mardi Gras!  Well, if I insist on a few more days of celebration, Universal Studios carries the theme til April 23.

This is one of those designs I have swirling around in my brain looking for a way to manifest.  Here's what I used as my inspiration...
This is a pin I got when I was working in Louisiana, one year, during Mardi Gras.  I didn't GO to Mardi Gras but I was around New Orleans while it was being celebrated.  In many of my travels, I will purchase a piece of jewelry to remember the event or the place.  I have had this pin for about 10 years and still wear it during Mardi Gras.

The color scheme is yellow, green and purple.  And I added in OPI's Black Shatter to the look...
Here's Cosmetic Arts' creme yellow, BB Couture's 'Caterpillar', Cosmetic Art's creme purple and the OPI Black Shatter. 

Send them to a party and this is what they come up with...
Mardi Gras Mani Madness!!!
I painted on the colors in a diagonal stripe alternating directions on each finger.  After drying, I put on a layer of Shatter.  I liked it so much, I had to run over to my hubs and show it off.  I got the gratuitous 'oh, ah, yes!' from him.

Well, I think it's cute! I just wish I would have thought of it last night instead of tonight.  I'm still going to wear it tomorrow.  No one handed me a rule book!
Last weekend was the 70th anniversary of the Daytona Bike Week.  My hubs and I went as he had never been before.  And we had a blast.  Here's the thumb ring I got to commemorate the event...
Do you have any objects that you like to collect during your travels or life events?

15 comments:

GaboRousseau on March 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM said...

Great color combo! I love it!

Lokum Hanim on March 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM said...

I always try to get something to keep alive my memories =) Love the combo =)

Unknown on March 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM said...

That is AWESOME, love it! And your ring is to die for.

Megan Harmeyer on March 8, 2011 at 9:24 PM said...

Nice! I love the colors and the Shatter on top. I don't collect anything on my travels but only because I don't really travel. But...when my work husband (read: one of the docs) travels, he always picks up a shot glass for me. :)

Wendi_ThroatPunch on March 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM said...

Oh man, I LOVE this.

SammieDoo on March 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM said...

What a great look Kimberly. Love the rainbow with the black crackle. NICE!

Dinorah ♥ on March 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM said...

Lovely nails!! Very creative <3

Lace Escapades on March 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM said...

Really love this one! Very festive! I actually did some Mardi Gras-inspired makeup today, but I guess the publishing feature on my blog has a little glitch, so it'll have to go up tomorrow. :)

-Kieran

Ashley Tiernan on March 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM said...

Wow I really like this look. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

@Gabrielle Thank you! I hate to take it off.

@Zuzu A girl after my own heart. <3

@Maeve When I saw the ring, my brain yelled 'That's It!' I am happy they had my size.

@Megan Wow, a boss that brings you back gifts!

@Makeup Zombie Thanks, hon. That means a lot to me. :)

@SammieDo I have a braided hair band with those colors as well. I just forgot to wear it this year.

@Dinorah Thank you. I have tons of ideas/designs in my head, I try to replicate them into real life.

@Lace Escapades I'll look for that post when you get it up. That should be cool to see. :)

@Ashley Do you have the availability to get Shatters or Crackles in Ireland?

Gwen - SpaceLifeThoughts on March 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM said...

OHHH YOUR NAILS ROCK! I love this mani :D

KarenD on March 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM said...

I like it! I think it's so funny that Universal celebrates Mardi Gras all through Lent. :)

Lucy on March 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM said...

Love this manicure. Darn, I wish I could find the crackle polish online. It's all sold out! I usually like to buy earrings to remind me of my travels. Love the ring, it's wicked cool.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM said...

@Spaceinvaders You are so sweet! Thank you. :)

@KarenD It sort of is an oxymoron, isn't it?

@Lucy I was told at Beauty Warehouse that their OPI Shatter sold out in 3 hours! I think internet shopping is the way to go with these hot ones. I just wish they'd send more to the stores!

Unknown on March 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM said...

This is such a cute and festive mani. I have never been to NOLA but want to go so badly!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates