UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Heaven's 'Too Turquoise' Nail Polish

Monday, March 14, 2011

Heaven's 'Too Turquoise' Nail Polish

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/14/2011 01:33:00 PM
Something that is fun for me is to discover new brands of nail polishes.  Since I'm very new to nail blogging, I'm not having such a hard time doing this.  I am going to shops I normally would not and finding places that I do shop, that sell nail polishes.

Grocery stores are not my normal place for shopping for any beauty products.  However, I'm finding new-to-me stuff and even some dusties.  While out playing tourist, I stopping into a grocery store called 'Goodings.'  This used to be quite the grocery store when I lived in Orlando at the end of the '80's, beginning of the '90's.  Very up-scale and a feast for the eyes too.  Goodings is all but gone because Publix grocery stores have gobbled them up.  I stumbled across one in the tourist section of town, though, and had to check them out.

Here is a polish I found there and this brand is totally new to me...
This is 'Too Turquoise' from the Heaven Company.  I only found one listing for this actual product online.  Here, Layniefingers discovered it, too, at the grocery store.  Hey, her photo shows it was only $1.99!  I paid $8 for mine.  I see Gooding's still wants to be an upscale store!

This is a frosty, sea-foam green...
For not being a huge fan of frosts, I'm delighted to have this one.  This is 3 coats and just the tiniest bit streaky.  It was gone by the third coat, save for the thumb nail.
And, my luck, this polish played very nicely with my camera.  This is dead on.

So, why not play with the polish some more?
I mattefied it.  I used Color Club's Matte Polish and toned down some of the shine.  It was sort of like putting on the soft focus filter.

Have you heard about Heaven polishes before?  Laynefingers found hers in Albertsons.  We have just a few of those here, so I'm going to stop in and see if they have it.  I'd much rather pay $1.99!

9 comments:

The Peach on March 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM said...

Wow! Beautiful color! What a great find! Its always fun to come across new brands!

Megan Harmeyer on March 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM said...

I've seen these at various Albertson's around town but haven't ever picked them up. It's a pretty color, but a little frosty for me. Maybe I'll grab one next time I'm in the grocery store. Thanks for the review.

Christine on March 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM said...

Oh my, this Turquoise color is gorgeous. Its always really fun to come across new brands and new fun products :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM said...

@Peach I find it fun to find new-to-me's. Blog reading helps me find them too.

@Megan I got a sweet glittery pink today at Albertson's. You KNOW I had to go there and look. :) They also had a glittery iridescent too.

@Christine I liked this one too. And, I'm not even a turquoise fan. :)

Ashley Tiernan on March 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM said...

Wow love this color :)

MissMidnightBlue on March 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM said...

Wow! That's a very pretty color!

Phyrra on March 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM said...

Neat!

B on March 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM said...

I believe those are from the same company as the coveted Liquid Euphoria nail polishes! *drools*

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM said...

@Ashley I think I've started another 'get 'em all' OCD. lol

@MissMidnight It is cute, isn't it?

@Phyrra Thanks!

@SayAnythingBrooke Hmmmm...I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the tip. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates