UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: If You Love It, Why Don't You Marry It?

Monday, March 21, 2011

If You Love It, Why Don't You Marry It?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/21/2011 08:04:00 PM
Whoa!  Did I have my mind blown by this one!...

 This is Color Club's 'Total Mystery' from the Alter Ego collection.  Here is why I want to marry it...

If you have heard or read the word 'Blurple' thrown around in nail/makeup blog-dom, this is the color we are talking about.  However, cameras do not always love blurple, so this ends up looking blue and may cause you to scratch your head in confusion.
Check out the color of the bottle.  That's much more purple than my nails.  In real life, the bottle's color is what it looks like.  It's a blurple jelly with fuchsia and blue micro-glitter.  This is 3 coats with a coat of Seche Clear and a coat of Vite.  Shine-topia!!!
I stared at this mani a lot.  In fact, I'm still rockin' it.  Trust me; this is way more purple.  But I shouldn't try to convince you of my love; we were just meant to be.

Have you had a polish that you had a hard time moving on from?  What was it?

10 comments:

Elizabeth Life and Polish on March 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM said...

pretty! I wish it was as sparkly as the bottle makes it seem..but it's still a gorgeous colour

Hook Prism Power on March 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM said...

Ohh Pretty and sparkly! Love love love! I emember when I first wore barielle's decadence I was stuck on it for like a week!

SiSi Sparkles on March 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM said...

very interesting color! in the pictures it looks like a cobalt blue. I wish I could see the purple in it...hmmm!!

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM said...

@elizabeth Oh, it IS sparkly on the nail! Yes, indeed! Mega!!!

@Let them have Polish I think I'll have to check out this Decadence. Sounds like it lives up to its name.

@In Palace Thanks!!!

@SiSi I agree with you. Purple is so elusive to a photo novice like me.

Unknown on March 21, 2011 at 11:49 PM said...

I have only had a few purples that have given me troubles - and it's usually purples like this! Lately it's been blues and greens that don't seem to want to play nice. I think you did a good job though ;) This is a GORGEOUS color!

Lydiane Gaborieau Photography on March 22, 2011 at 12:12 PM said...

I don't think I owe a blurple yet... Interesting color to say the least :)

Ashley Tiernan on March 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM said...

All i can say is I LOVE THIS ONE!!! :)

MissMidnightBlue on March 22, 2011 at 1:23 PM said...

Ooh wow its alot prettier than I thought. :) I love it on you.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 22, 2011 at 9:08 PM said...

@Maeve Thank you! I hope that many followers are 'seasoned' and know that purple can be a real 'bear' to capture on camera.

@Lydiane G You will have to search out a blurple in real life and check it out.

@Ashley Isn't it lovely? I had a car this color. It was a Mitsubishi and the color was called 'Bangkok Blue.' I was always getting asked what color is that? lol

@MissMidnight Snag this one up if you get a chance; it's worth it. Thanks too! ;)

Jasmine on March 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM said...

I'm pretty sure I need to buy this color now! I loooove blurples!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates