UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: No Taming Color Club's 'Untamed Luxury'

Sunday, March 13, 2011

No Taming Color Club's 'Untamed Luxury'

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/13/2011 01:30:00 PM
Today's NOTD didn't come off like I would have hoped.  In fact, I'm really disappointed.  Lately, some of these less expensive polishes have needed 4 or more coats to get the same color impact that the bottle has.  This time, I just went to 3 and left it to show you.  I know not everyone has the time to sit down and polish over 3 coats, and even that is pushing it.

Without a doubt, I love this color...
Color Club's 'Untamed Luxury' by the collection of the same name.
Gorgeous in the bottle, it's a green jelly with bluish-green micro-glitter.  The two mediums compliment each other.  However, you can see already by my nails, in the above photo, are not looking anything like the polish inside the bottle.
Indoors at the sunny window...
Outdoors in the sunniest of days.  I like the weather better than the turnout of this mani.
In the sunlight, 'Untamed Luxury' forgets that it really is a green polish.
So, if you use 'Untamed Luxury', do go in knowing that it's not quite going to be perfect.  As I mentioned, this is only 3 coats.  I used Nailene's 'Miracle Maker' as a top coat.  The feel of the polish was still a bit gritty but not enough to bother me.

And I noticed that by the time I got to my pinky, the polish seemed to have watered down.  On the third coat, I started with the pinky, but it didn't seem to make a difference.  Maybe I was using less product??
Strong VNL, I think 'Untamed Luxury' is meant to be a layering polish.

Is the polish a bit disappointing for you, as well?  Do you think it needs to be a layering, top coat?

5 comments:

Unknown on March 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM said...

Aw that sucks, maybe it will look better layered over a similar opaque colour :) It's pretty though :)

Erika on March 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM said...

I have this polish. It is lurking in my untried box.

I do think it will work better as a layering polish than on it's own. Have you tried wearing it with underwear?

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on March 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM said...

I wore this polish a couple weeks ago when I met up with Jana! I did three thickish coats and didn't really see any VNL. What irked me was how much top coat it ate :(

Ashley Tiernan on March 13, 2011 at 4:49 PM said...

Wow I love this color so much! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM said...

@MartianDelights Yep, you are right. It's going in my growing stack of 'needs to be layered.'

@Ice Queen Underwear?! Hee hee! For nails, do tell!!!

@Mimi I didn't put it on thick, but I think that's what it needed. I only had it on for a very short while. It was a great day for doing a lot of swatching.

@Ashley It is a beauty, isn't it? There's a lot going on with this polish color.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates