UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Holy Holo Gracious Green Polish

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Holy Holo Gracious Green Polish

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/02/2011 07:33:00 PM
Kim, owner of Overall Beauty, tweeted that she had read, older women wear green polish to look/feel younger.  I promptly told her BALDERDASH!!  Green is for everyone!


 I took LOTS of photos of this one because I LOVE it so much I'd marry it if I wasn't already hitched.  That doesn't stop me from having an affair/love-fest with it!  This is Kleancolor's 'Holo Green.'
Don't even think about taking this green holographic polish away from me!  Partially, all the photo-taking was because I love this one.  If I had to wear only one green for the month, it would be this one.
I only did 2 coats on my ring and pinky fingers to show you how really sheer this polish is.  And on the other digits, I have 4 coats.  'Holo Green' was incredibly easy to use.  And this brand makes thick brushes so that's a large part of that.  I put on one coat of Nailene's 'Miracle Maker' as a top coat.

I think it's a jelly as well.  Now, as beautiful as this polish is, and I got 2 compliments wearing it, it is a pistol to remove.  If you decide to purchase this brand and try their holos, get Zoya's 'Remove+' and you won't have to say a single cuss word.

It's sad that the photos don't show you the truly awesomesauce of bling this polish has.  There is all the green sparkle you can imagine right here.
Although it is a lighter color, the holo effect doesn't diminish.  I feel lucky to have stumbled onto finding this.  I got it at a newly-opened beauty supply store, along with several other jelly holos. :)

Here's a big, baby crying at the door because I'm outside...
Have you tried a polish that's both a jelly and a holo?  Do you agree that green polish is great for any age?

12 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on March 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM said...

I agree green is great for any age! :)

I love that green on you. :)

Your kitty is so pretty I'm going to kittynap her! ;)

Erika on March 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM said...

That is really pretty and it looks smashing on you.

I don't own any jelly holos. In fact, so far I own few holos but I am slowly rectifying that. :D

Pretty kitty.

Erika on March 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM said...

Oh! And yes... Green is great for any age! Heck, any colour is great for anyone. I don't believe that certain colours or finishes are only for certain age groups. Wear what you love, feel fabulous in it and to heck with what anyone else thinks! :D

Megan Harmeyer on March 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM said...

I think green is for any age...and so is every other color the rainbow! This looks really pretty on you, but 4 coats?! Wow.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM said...

@MissMidnight Don't kit-nap my Sebastian! He can't stand not to be with his mommy. :)

@Ice Queen There is a tipping point where you get so many holos and then you want them all!!!! I think we should all wear green...and pink, and red, black, purple...any one you choose. I say this because I have almost every color imaginable and it's important for me to justify this. ;)

@Megan I love this polish. It was worth the 4 coats but, I was surprised it would need that many. I was going for no visible nail line.

Freshie on March 2, 2011 at 9:37 PM said...

Holy shiz I need this!!

jbrobeck on March 2, 2011 at 10:57 PM said...

I wish I had a store near me that carried this, it's wonderful! I love the soft green shade. Sage green is my favorite color... I am guessing yours is pink? LOL!

The Peach on March 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM said...

Ohhh.... a very awesome green! And what is this "older women wear green to feel younger" nonsense!? No! I disagree! I thing green is for ANY age!

Lace Escapades on March 3, 2011 at 2:19 AM said...

This one looks like a safe, wearable light green, which is nice! I have many crazy green polishes in my collection and not many light greens. Does it have a gritty texture when it dries?

-Kieran

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on March 3, 2011 at 7:16 AM said...

I love this green holo! I love how light and delicate it is, but I really wished that Kleancolors polishes smelled better, they give me awful headache :/
I'm very partial to green polish on any person, regardless of age group :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 3, 2011 at 10:38 PM said...

@Freshie You are right, you do need it! ;p

@jbrobeck Guess what? They did NOT have pink! It must have been so pretty they sold out of it. :( Bummer!

@Peach I will be a glitter-fiend until I die! And I'm not letting any fashion nonsense tell me that I'm too old to wear anything. OK, maybe a thong swimsuit, but I draw the line there. ;)

@Lace Escapades It did have a slight gritty feel. With Vite on, I didn't feel any grit. But it was there when I was scrubbing it off. Phew! Oh, this would be easily work-friendly. All but for the stuffiest of offices.

@Mimi You know, they are stinky! I thought it was because I was getting old product. Maybe you can use them outside when weather permits.

theVEROblog on March 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM said...

wow this color is so delicate and unique!! i have to search for this!!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates