UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Lime Vs. Chartreuse

Friday, March 4, 2011

Lime Vs. Chartreuse

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/04/2011 09:55:00 PM
I don't consider myself a morning person.  I like to stay up late and get up late.  But the early morning light on my patio is just awesome for nail photos.

These first two photos are taken in my home office.  It has a Northern exposure and it can be really kind for photos too.  I so wanted to capture the super micro-glitter in Love & Beauty's 'Lime'. 


The top one is from my office window, which I call my 'sunny window.'  The next is a Florida, sunny morning shot.

I have on 4 coats for 'Lime.'  It was watery but then, I expected that.  I do lower my expectations purchasing a $2.80 bottle of polish at Forever 21.  The color is way more vibrant on the nail than in the bottle.  And, I'm OK with that.  If I saw a lime this color, I wouldn't purchase it because I'd figure it wasn't ripe yet.  However, Chartreuse is a much better moniker for this polish.  This is an out and out Chartreuse color.  I had two strangers tell me that it was bright.  I noted they didn't say it was pretty, just that it was bright.
I agree...

I did put a coat of Nailene's Miracle Maker on as the top coat.  Sadly, 'Lime' doesn't photo well enough to show you the true level of sparkle it has.  I'm fairly fair, but I think someone with a good tan could really rock this color.  I think someone would need to be patient enough to endure at least 4 or more coats because I can still see visible nail line on my hands.

Do you like Chartreuse?  Would you have to use spell check to get the right spelling like I had to?  LOL  Anyone green with envy over this color?

6 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on March 5, 2011 at 1:44 AM said...

So pretty, I like lime colors. :)

Ladyofthelaake on March 5, 2011 at 4:18 AM said...

I realise that I like lime colours too, but four coats is a lot, especially when it still shows the free edge, hmmmm...
But I still like it very much!! <3

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 5, 2011 at 6:48 AM said...

@MissMidnight I was surprised that I liked it too. :)

@Lolaa I don't like putting on over 2 coats; 3 is quite enough. But, on occasion, I will continue until I get opaqueness. I want that color in the bottle! Plus, it really is cheap so that will happen.

The Peach on March 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM said...

Very pretty! This is kind of an interesting color!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Forever 21 polishes. They look pretty in the bottle, but awful on my nails. If you want to get some awesome polishes enter my giveway http://bit.ly/fGNZnM

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM said...

@Peach It really was an interesting color. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

@Barb I know some wouldn't dare purchase any Forever 21 polishes; too cheap. But, hey, what can I say? I'm into cheap thrills. :) Thanks for sharing your own site's giveaway.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates