UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Found My Holy Grail For Nude and Holy Schmit Bar Glitter

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Found My Holy Grail For Nude and Holy Schmit Bar Glitter

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/10/2011 06:34:00 PM
If you read this post, you know that I was disappointed in this polish as it looked dirty on my fingers.  However, I am a huge fanatic of top coat glitters.  This glitter is SO SPECIAL I HAD to find the perfect nude base polish.  Hot damn!!!  I did!!!
This is Color Club's 'Incognito' from their Alter Ego collection.  Looky!!!
I'm so happy to have found this one and how yummy it looks on me.  No streaks, no dirt, no problems.

OK, so I have found my 'canvas.'  Here's the media...
Swoon....Die!!!  It's a Green Holographic Bar Glitter!!!  I let out a 'yip' when I saw this at the beauty supply store.  I held it tight as I shopped, truly afraid I'd drop it or some other polish lover would snatch it right out of my paws!!
This is Kleancolor's 'Starry Meteor.'
Only one complaint...the bar glitter didn't live up to its end of the deal; it didn't want to apply to my nails.  Oh, there is one other complaint...this polish smelled terrible.  I had to leave the room because it became over-powering.
I dabbed the polish on trying to get some of the bars off the brush and onto my nails.  I did get the regular glitter and the micro glitter on just fine.  In the long run, I am gaga over this mani!  I think I love this one the best.  Maybe I've said that already, lol, but this time I MEAN IT!!  ;p
I think I'm going to wear this one more day.  It's sparkly without being over-bearing.  It's green without looking like fungi.  It's cute and I don't care if it looks like little girl nails.  One thing it is, it's mine.

Do you have any bar glitter?  What's your Holy Grail base color polish?

9 comments:

Unknown on March 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on finding your ideal!

The Peach on March 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM said...

Very pretty! I haven't heard of Kleancolor polish before.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM said...

@Polish Pauper Thanks! I'm a happy camper now.

@Peach I found it at a beauty supply store. But I did google it and found they had a website too.

theVEROblog on March 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM said...

Wow! Incognito has just been added to my list of polishes to get!! thanks for posting this =]

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on March 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM said...

My goodness, Incognito looks fab on you! I love bar glitter, especially the really thin kind. My favorite is an Wet'n'Wild Fantasy Makers Halloween one!

Megan Harmeyer on March 10, 2011 at 11:33 PM said...

Is Incognito a jelly? This looks great - too bad the bar glitter didn't come out and play.

Phyrra on March 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM said...

Very cute! Btw, love your blog's look :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 11, 2011 at 10:17 PM said...

@theVEROblog I think you'll like it. It seems to play nice with other top layering polishes.

@Mimi I have a Fantasy Maker from years ago. I do love it. Thanks for the compliment. :D

@Megan I don't think it really is a jelly. I used a new bottle of Seche Vite and it made that shiny difference.

@Phyrra Oh, thank you, hon! :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute....Have you tried paring Kleancolor Military Green w/ Starry Meteor on top....It's amazing? My local Beauty supply doesn't sell this brand but, I was lucky enough to find it online at http://accessoryhut.bigcartel.com/ for $1 I just about went crazy, LOL!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates