UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Just Beyond Neutral Shadows From Overall Beauty Store

Monday, April 23, 2012

Just Beyond Neutral Shadows From Overall Beauty Store

Posted by KimberlyP at 4/23/2012 08:20:00 PM
Neutral tone makeup is always safe. But it isn't always exciting. However, I have noticed, in the past couple of years, how neutrals have evolved and are getting a bit of sizzle to them.

To prove my point, here are a couple of mineral eye shadows provided to the Central Florida Beauty Bloggers from Overall Beauty...

First, Kim, the owner of Overall Beauty, makes up the cutest packages. It's enough to make anyone that sits at the vanity squeal in delight.


Part of the package was these two square emery boards. Just perfect for keeping one in the car and the other one my nightstand.

And the mineral shadows...

On the left is 'Blink!' and, on the right is 'Summer Wheat'. I spoke with Kim regarded the colors and how well they work, not only together, but also with almost any combo. She told me that she picked these shades to share with the Beauty Bloggers as they were the most universal shades for all skin types.

Take a closer look at 'Blink'!...
It is peach tone with a bit of depth to it. I like how it looks on my eyelid.

And 'Summer Wheat'...
What a cool smoky brown. I use it for the crease but it works just as well on the lid too.

Some swatches for you to compare...

'Blink!' is on top and I have 'Summer Wheat' underneath. I used a light hand to swatch but both shades can be built up. 'Blink!' is soft and has just a hint of a shimmer. It's a pinky-peach on my skin. And 'Summer Wheat' almost looks like a brown matte. But there is a very subtle shimmer to this one as well. The shades blend easily and with a shadow primer, I was good to go for the day with my neutral look that dared to push the envelope.

I think Kim was right on the money in choosing both of these shades for a universal neutral look. You can order these shadows, check out even more shades and look at all the other beauty items at OverallBeauty.com.

These products were given to me for my honest review. All opinions are mine without promise of compensation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates