UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Toss or Trash: March 2012 Part 2

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Toss or Trash: March 2012 Part 2

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 4/08/2012 02:28:00 PM
As I had mentioned in the previous post, Toss or Trash for March, I am finding it very gratifying to finish up products or letting them go because they are not giving me the benefit I thought they would. I'm also cleaning out my car garage. It's high time that at least one car fit into a two-car garage. Now that's gratifying!

Part 2 I will run through my toss or trash makeup products for March. Here are the items...
Starting at the top: Sally Hansen's Prep & Perfect Lipcare: Avon's Brilliant Moisture Lipcolor in Biqou; Sally Hansen's eyeliner and mascara duo; Wet 'n Wild's Idol Eyes in Distress; Jane's Colorsticks Eye Color & Liner in a shade I will call Lavender.

Item I have replaced: Sally Hansen's Prep & Perfect Lipcare, it's a primer and works. Towards the end, however, it started to get clumpy but would smooth out with my finger.

The item I want to replace: Sally Hansen's eyeliner and mascara duo. The exact name of the product has worn off. I would replace this for the eyeliner color. The shade is a bronzed brown. The mascara wasn't that good. Even though the mascara looks like the same color as the liner, it is black when I swatched it. And it dried up way before the pencil was done. I'm going to hang onto the pencil to see if I can run across a duplicate.

Everything else is getting tossed. The Idol Eyes was such a disappointment. I got all the colors and I think this is the issue with them all; they crease like mad. I tried everything I could think of to save it. The blue is vibrant and sultry. Same with the Jane eyestick. I couldn't salvage that from creasing either.

The Avon lipstick is old and smells weird now. I easily have a dupe for it.

More stuff...
Top to bottom: Cargo's Lash Activator in black; Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips: Custom Eyeliner, Eye Shadow and Highlighter for Brown Eyes; Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in blackened brown; Anastasia's Lash Lifting Mascara in black; High Impact's Shadow Fix.

Only keeper is Cargo's mascara. I got this as a sample in my Birchbox. I have never used a Cargo product before, but I liked how this mascara lengthened my lashes. It has a flexible brush and that made a difference too.

The Shimmer Strips was too weak and cumbersome to use. The Revlon eye pen was cool, until it dried up, in the tube, on me. I feel it should have lasted longer. Anastasia's mascara, I believe came in a Birchbox, but for a company that claims to be all that, this was sucky.

Last is the Shadow Fix. I couldn't get this to behave. It's supposed to be a shadow primer but it didn't work for me.

I have one more blog on this subject and it will be on body products.

Any of these items work for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates