UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: My Recent Order From Southern Magnolia Minerals

Friday, April 20, 2012

My Recent Order From Southern Magnolia Minerals

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 4/20/2012 07:37:00 PM
Last weekend, I received my order from Southern Magnolia Minerals. The order I received previously had a promotion where I got several samples with my order. Two of these samples prompted me to order full size. Here's what I got...
Fixative Shadow Gel, Eye Silk Creme Sample,  Anti-Wrinkle Lip Rescue Firming Contour Cream, Hair and Skin Tonic, and Pretty Amazing Copper Shadow Sample.


In a post I did here, I mentioned that I have been a customer of SMM for easily over five years. I think it really has been about eight years now. When I got my samples, I couldn't wait to start using them. The two that I had to get full sizes of are the Lip Rescue Cream and the Hair and Skin Tonic.
 
The Lip Rescue Cream has been THE best product I have ever used on my lips to make them smooth and soft. My lips have not been peeling, dry or rough since I started using this cream. The smell is pleasant and even though I don't lick my lips, I'm not getting a taste from it. I use it several times a day because it just feels so soft on my lips. And I use it around the skin of my lips as well. This cream has found a permanent place on the vanity!


Next, is the Hair and Skin Tonic. I didn't know what to do with this tonic, at first. But, SMM's website has wonderful descriptions of their products that it didn't take me long to figure out this was a do-it-all product...
Oh my goodness, all the things I use this for: face moisturizer, eye cream, hair moisturizer, and frizzy hair tamer. There isn't hardly a scent to this and it is so light that there is no way I can get build up. I love how soft my skin feels after applying it. My skin drinks it in and there is nothing greasy or heavy about this tonic.


Now, just who does not think that this is the most stinkin' cute sample jar EVER...
 
This is a sample of Eye Silk Cream. Barb is the owner of SMM and when I emailed her to ask what this cream is for, she got back to me, as she always has, so quickly. She said that it is used around the eye area for moisturizing either alone or before other skin products like her Cucumber De-puffing Eye Gelee. I have been using it before I use an anti-aging eye cream. Eye Silk Cream is. yet again. another SMM product that makes my skin feel moisturized and soft.


I purchased the Fixative Shadow Gel as a shadow primer and a gel to make my mineral shadow powders into eyeliners.
So far, I have only used it as a mix for eyeliner. It doesn't take but a tiny speck of the gel to create a mixture of liner. It applies very evenly and that liner didn't budge until it was time to wash my face. The gel makes for a fun way to create bold and creative eyeliners.


Last, I got a sample of a copper mineral shadow...


This was the first shadow I used the Fixative Shadow Gel to make an eyeliner. If you have ever used mineral shadows, you know how versatile they are. And SMM makes very pigmented shadows. The swatch I have in the photo, that is without the fixative; it's just a swipe with a shadow brush.


Southern Magnolia Minerals has specials almost weekly. Check out the website and 'like' the Facebook page to get in on the deals. The Pink Vanity has many SMM products on it and I have found a few new beauty staples to sit on the vanity.

All items were purchased by me except for the samples. This review is my honest opinion and I am in no way compensated for my review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates