UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Apple Harvest Ready

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple Harvest Ready

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/16/2010 08:01:00 PM
After I got out of college, I began to love fall.  No more starting school!!!  But, it also meant the end of a 3 month vacation.  Hello, adult life.

And, as I get a bit older (hey! it's rude to ask!!!), fall is a pleasant temperature season.  I AM a sweater girl.  I love wearing boots.  I adore flannel sheets!  I SO live in Florida!  Hmmmm....

In a previous post, I showed this set I got from Icing...
Yeaaahhhh!  My first fall collection of the year!!  Yummmy!!

First one tested....
A creamy red that is orange/yellow based.  Icing doesn't name any of these.  And that gives me a chance to "NAME THAT COLOR!!!!"

I, hereby, dub thee "Harvest Apple."
It's cute, I do like it.  However, I think blue reds are better for my skin tone.  But, since I am in a (hurry up and get here!) fall mood, it fits.

This is 2 base coats, 2 coats of Harvest Apple, one Seche Clear and then Seche Vite.  It wore like crazy.  Consistency is a bit thick and would be much easier to manage on my fingers.  And the stupid little top and brush...it will put a scowl on your face.

The price wasn't too bad; $8 for the entire mini set.  And, I still see this fall collection in the Icing stores.  So they are not flying out of the store.  But then, I figure since it is 'mostly' a young girl's boutique store, that audience isn't into these shades of polish anyway.

Which looks better on you: orange reds or blue reds?  Do you have a 'rite of passage' fall color or shade?

7 comments:

L on September 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM said...

Cute! I like these. I might need to go back to Columbia to pick these up.

Megan Harmeyer on September 16, 2010 at 10:21 PM said...

Blue reds are definitely more my color (I have too much yellow in my skin tone for orange reds to work). I don't really have a specific fall color...yet. I just started this whole polish obsession a couple months ago. I guess I'll be finding that out sooner rather than later. Great post!

Recalcitrant Nails on September 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM said...

Nice fall colors. Can't wait to see the rest of them swatched. Nothing like 'walking' into fall, eh? lol

The Peach on September 17, 2010 at 10:47 AM said...

What a cute collection! Can't wait to see the rest of them! Harvest Apple looks like a great color!

Simple Beauty on September 18, 2010 at 3:48 AM said...

Pretty! Colors!

Anonymous said...

fantastic colour but those toes/feet are really ugly sorry.

jadedlights on September 29, 2010 at 11:51 PM said...

That is the best fall collection ever! Literally looks like the leaves here in Michigan when they change! Love it!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates