UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Rose By Any Other Name

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Rose By Any Other Name

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/19/2010 02:39:00 PM
Growing up, I could rarely use nail polish.  Mostly because my father is highly sensitive to odors.  So nail polish, nail polish remover, incense (hey, it was the 70's!), and perfumes where out of the question.  When I could, on rare occasions, apply polish, it was done outdoors, hours before my father got home from work.

I'm soooo lucky I didn't inherit THAT trait!  Not that I love the smell of polish, but I just plain like to polish my nails!

And I love, love, LOVE deep, rich colors.  Check out this cutie I got from Forever 21...
Hooray!!  The camera DID pickup on the gold duochrome in this sassy magenta.  But why do they name this lamely 'Rose'?  At least spice it up like 'Gilding Rose.'  Forever 21 calls their makeup like 'Love and Beauty' which is much more appealing.
Yea, it is sassy on my toesies.  See the brown patches on my feet.  That's my attempt with self-tanners.  I try to embrace my paleness.  But, well, remember I can't leave well enough alone?

This is a mini bottle.  It has a rubber-grip top.  That is a nice quality.  With a squared bottle, I like the way it fits in my hand.  The brush is long and thin but nothing weird or terrible about it.  The consistency of the polish is very nice.  It's not watery, nor is it gloppy thick.  Goldilocks approves it as juuusst right!

I admit I am so smitten by the color, I took more photos of the bottle!    But I am so fascinated with the gold veins in this polish.  Uber love-sauce!

And the kicker, for me, it only cost $2.80!  One last note on the polish; even though the gold shimmer came through digitally, the color of the magenta is a little bit darker in real life.

With this winning cutie, I will say that it has the sweet smell of success.

What's your favorite smell?  Baking bread?  Babies' necks?  Newly mowed grass?  Those are a few of mine.

6 comments:

Laynie on September 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM said...

Ohhh, that is fun! I'm really drawn to vivid colors as well, that this is so gorgeous! I have a pink creme in a color about like this photographs, but I'd LOVE to have some shimmer in it!

Smells... I'm sensitive to smell too, both positive and negative. I love love love the smell of baking chocolate chip cookies, of babies when they're fresh and clean and giggling, of fall when the air is so fresh and crisp that it's almost sparkling. Good smells can absolutely turn my mood around and make my day brighter!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Forever 21 sold polish...the gold in the polish is really pretty and yeah, it should have a snazzier name, no duochrome should just be called "Rose". lol

I love the smell of coffee and fresh laundry and absolutely hate the smell of cat and dog food--yuck!!

Tara on September 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM said...

I'm not a pink person but I really do like this!

The Peach on September 19, 2010 at 10:18 PM said...

This is an amazing color! Love the gold in it!

Let see...favorite scents...split wood, horses, pumpkin spice, coffee... to name a few!

Susie on September 22, 2010 at 7:39 AM said...

Really nice.
I have had to embrace my paleness too. :)
Susie

cheanne on September 28, 2010 at 5:08 AM said...

really wonderful polish....its funny because I am doing everything to lighten my skin....and eventually concede and just enjoy my complexion.....you want to trade???? hehe

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates