UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Beauty Tool You Can Love

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Beauty Tool You Can Love

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/16/2010 07:33:00 PM
What's this??????



A trick chopstick?  A tool for torture?  (Close!!!)  A fine hair removal tool?  YES!

This was a queenky-dink, but I had been trolling around YouTube and saw this...


And not but two days later my fab friend, Darcy (who is out to prove to the world that 3 little boys are NOT a match to one great mommy) said she had ordered herself one from Amazon and had received it.  I begged her to 'fess up on how it worked for her.  She liked it.
 Bellabe Facial Hair Remover.

Well, I knew I was going to get an Amazon Gift Card (I AM a good egg, sometimes!) and I vowed that when I did, I was getting this.  I trusted that the facial-hair-removal gods had aligned it.  I didn't have to wait too long when I got the GC and that same day, I ordered my Bellabe from Amazon.

I have had my brows threaded in the past and love the results way better than waxing.  Something about waxing just made me leery.  I think it happened about the time my hairdresser friend said that her boss asked to her to wax her brows.  In the process, she removed half of her boss' one brow!!!  No Redo Button!!!!  EEEEeeeeee!

Threading is such a precise process and doesn't hurt as much as waxing.  I thought it was such a cool process, I even went to a threading class to learn it.  Oh, it wasn't easy!  Damn, it was like when I got a guitar for my birthday.  I couldn't pay it right off.  What a downer!!!!
But, luckily, learning threading didn't take years of training like it did to sort of play the guitar. (Bless Joyce Eisenhour's heart. She was my patient guitar teacher.)


With some practice I could thread my legs.  But there was no way I could thread my face!  This is the cue for the Bellabe to appear!!!  Ta da!

For about the cost of getting my eyebrows threaded, this little whiz can defuzz my face faster than you can say 'don't get that thing near MY face!!'  Ah, come on...it doesn't hurt THAT bad!

When I got mine, had played around with it and found just the right way to hold it, I was off.  And so was the peach fuzz.  I told Darcy I loved mine.  She asked if it hurt.  No, it felt tingly though.  She said I was some sort of he-woman because she said it hurt her.  I didn't know what to think about that.  This coming from a woman who had three natural child births!!

After using it for several days (I think I've become quite addicted to using this!), I did confess that it did smart using it right under my nose, above my lip.  But the rest, really doesn't hurt ME.

Can I say the same for you?  Nope.  We all have different pain tolerance levels.  But, once you get down the knack of this tool, you should get that smooth skin de-peaching.  And why do we want that, you ask.  It allows your foundation to apply and look better.  And you don't want to end up having whiskers, do you?  I think I see some heads out there shaking 'no.'

I do need to give a disclaimer here: I don't use the Bellabe on my eyebrows.  I use it between them, on top of them and on those strays that appear off the end of my browline.  Someone way more gifted than I am may be able to do their brows with this.  I am sticking to having threading done the old-fashioned way with my professional.  Only negative I have, I didn't get a PINK one. :(  No choices given on color.

Other disclaimer: I bought my Bellabe with my own money (or, in this case, an Amazon Gift Card).  The manufacturers probably want me to assume all the risks.  You assume all your own risks, too, if you try this out.

Any takers?

2 comments:

The Peach on September 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM said...

Hmmm...I have never hear of these, but I think I'm going to have to look into it. Very interesting hair removal tool!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM said...

Hey, Peach! I know it's not for everyone but I'm here to share.
I hope no one will say 'Kimberly said that this thing was cool and didn't really hurt! But it hurts like a mofo!!!'

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates