UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone, Part I

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone, Part I

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/04/2010 07:25:00 PM
The title says it all.  I did a manicure and a pedicure and since I didn't say 'WOW', I had to do more.  This will be part 1 of 2.  Here's the pedicure first.

My parents said this often enough to me, so I'm no stranger to 'not leaving well enough alone'.  Heck, if one aspirin is good, two would be better!  If one margarita is good, then the next 7 will be even better.  No, wait.  I tried that on my hub's birthday, 10 years ago.  I had all the margarita's I will EVER have.  Haven't touched them since!  In one night, I learned how to leave well enough alone after that!  I think I ACTUALLY decided that the next day, though.

And I couldn't leave my nails well enough alone.  I finally bought China Glaze's 'For Audrey.'  I thought it was a clever name and it got tons of raves in nail blog world.  Wow!  Everyone liked it.  Except me...

Hmmmm....I'm not impressed.  As much as this could get me kicked off the island, at least I am honest.  I think my Mom used to have Tupperware this color.
 No, I'm not impressed.  But I hate to let a possible opportunity pass by.  This is where the 'leave well enough alone' comes in...
Let's put some of that Revlon's new top coat 'Galaxy' on it!  This is just one coat.  I could have worked harder at getting some of those pentagon shaped glitters on.  In the bottle, can you see the iridescent, green, turquoise, and chunky mauve glitter???  Yea, that's awesomesauce!!!  (If you don't know what awesomesauce is, go here and you'll see that I stole this from Jacie. Her blog is awesomesauce.) Glitter like this can be a pistol to get on.  Look at me there with my foot up on my desk.  You'd think I owned the place!  Oh, wait...I do.

For Audrey, it's a creme, standard issue China Glaze brush and bottle.  Applies about standard, seemed to be fast to me.  Two coats with a clear top coat.  One coat of Galaxy.  Love at first look.  Thick top coat with lots of glitter.  May need two coats, I did just one.

The Galaxy, I'll keep.  For Audrey, well, I'd give it back to Audrey if she was here.

I've seen 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', have you?  Did you like it?  What do you think of Galaxy and/or For Audrey?

4 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on September 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM said...

Breakfast At Tiffany's is one of my all-time favorite movies!! This color? It's not one of my must-haves. The bestie has it and I'll borrow it from her if I need it for something, but I'm not going to be buying it any time soon. The Revlon topcoat looks like it could be promising. Can't wait to see what Part 2 looks like!

Anonymous said...

*whispers* i hate for audrey too... i swapped mine away

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those "For Audrey" people. LOL I love it, but there are some polishes I really don't understand the hype about so don't feel bad.

Those Revlon glitter polishes are pretty...I'm trying to wait for a nice BOGO sale.

KarenD on September 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM said...

I love Galaxy, but only over medium to dark colors.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates