UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Is There Anybody Out There, Space Cadet

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Is There Anybody Out There, Space Cadet

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/13/2010 09:01:00 PM
"The" colors to have this fall were from Orly's FX Collection.  It seems a majority of the nail blogs I read liked 'Space Cadet' the best.  Here's why...
I understand the name of 'Space Cadet' but why a 'spacy' name for such a totally complex shade?  I think I can see about 4 to 5 different colors that flash in this one.

You bet this is the same polish, the same manicure.  First is the outdoors shot.  Next is indoors by the sunny window.  Is it purple?  Is it green?  Yes!  Oh, and magenta too.
I knew I'd hate myself if I spaced out and didn't get 'Space Cadet.'  What I have done is the basic manicure I do: 1 BC, 1 Seche Clear, 2 color coats, 2 Seche Clear with Seche Vite last.  No one has asked me and maybe no one really wants to know, however, I use that many coats because my nails are not strong and the extra coverage helps.

This is a serious beg...if you did NOT get 'Space Cadet,' you need to go get yourself a bottle STAT!!  This will end up with a cult status, I predict.

Orly went overboard with this one.  There is just no way I can explain this color.  The photos do a better job.  I think this one is best left up to a visual rather than verbal.  There was no trouble getting this to apply.  Two coats and it was sensational.  Of course, the Orly bottle and that rubberized top are standard coolness.  The polish dried quickly for me and after that last Vite, I was running to some light to experience the 'wonderful, magnificent, magical effect that transformed my digits into a spectacular experience in nail polish world.'  I used DisneyWorld ads for inspiration on that sentence.
'Space Cadet' is almost derogatory too.  How about calling it 'Major Tom'?

Anyone ever call you a Space Cadet? (raises hand up slowly)

11 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on November 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM said...

WHY do I NOT have this yet?!?! I must be insane! *Smacks self in the head* I seen this on so many blogs and I'm like *Oooh pretty I want that* and I didn't give in aaaaand now I just might have to. hehe and I loved the Disney World inspiration ;)

Phyrra on November 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

Yep, it's gorgeous. Love it!

The Beauty B. on November 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM said...

One of my favorites from the collection. I couldn't stop staring at it!

The Peach on November 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM said...

I have this color! I was thinking about putting it on my toes this week, but I haven't decided yet. It is such an amazing color!

Erin on November 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM said...

It's gorgeous, isn't it?

I know that Sally Beauty Supply has cleared the Cosmix collection out (but if you can find any, they should be $3.99 a bottle instead of the original $10.00 tag!). If you can't find it, Hard Candy's new polish called Beetle is a dead on dupe. :)

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com on November 14, 2010 at 5:02 AM said...

So pretty! Still need to get myself this one.. <3 duo chromes!

Unknown on November 14, 2010 at 6:12 AM said...

Love the Cosmic FX collection.. space cadet is next on my list :) wearing Halleys Comet at the mo :)

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous on you!! :D I totally agree with you--it is one of those polish must-haves.

Megan Harmeyer on November 14, 2010 at 5:38 PM said...

I don't care how many times I see this one - I love it!! Definitely a must have.

Lace Escapades on November 19, 2010 at 12:56 PM said...

Oh my gosh, this polish drives me crazy! I think it is so beautiful, and I have a friend who wears it all the time and tells me I need it, yet I can't seem to find it anywhere! *sniffle*

o on November 21, 2010 at 6:33 PM said...

I so want that colour....

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates