UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Taking It To The Matte

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taking It To The Matte

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/24/2010 06:57:00 PM
Do you know any 'all or nothing' types of people?  How about those types that find something new and then just OD on it?  Should you not like those characteristics in a person, well, you might want to just skip over this post.

There has been a lot of ooohhhh'ing and awwwww'ing with the Christmas collections in 'Nail Whoville.'  And, rightfully so.   I don't think I've changed my (nail) clothes this many times in one day since I was in high school!

Honestly, I wasn't a 'wild child'.  I had lots of fun but I wasn't loose off the line like Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears.  And, about as 'out there' that I got was sporting some red, racy nail polish.  I'm sure I had just one red color and wore it a lot.  I still love to wear red nail polish.  Makes me feel saucy!

Wouldn't it be blasphemy if a Holiday collection did not have a least one red in it?  Yep, right up there with the Grinch that stole all the red nail polish!  Shutter!  Thankfully, we got reds, and are they saucalicious!!!

This is from Finger Paint's Holiday collection: Mulberry Madness...

Madness is right.  I went a bit 'squeee-ing' over this one.  Don't know what 'squeee-ing' is?  That's what you do when you find those pair of shoes you have been wanting for 2 months and they are on clearance at 90% off and the only pair left is your size, and you've got them!

Indoors or outdoors, this red wins.  This is a dark, fuchsia that has red and lavender/purple micro glitter.  Perfect color for a holiday party.  I have on three coats.  I put a third one on this morning because I had tip wear over night.  No funny business; it just wore off.  I think it was because I used Seche Prep instead of regular alcohol to prep for color.  So, this jelly base polish didn't wear long. 

Not to worry.  I still wanted to play.  Here's where the overkill comes in...
Matted.  This has a totally different attitude.  OK, a cat hair got in there.  Ugh...how'd that happen?
Nail polishes, shine or matte, are of no concern when it comes to Libby and Sebastian.


Just one coat of China Glaze Matte Magic.  And it is magical.

Matte shouldn't be photographed in the direct sunlight.  Naw...it is a softer side of vamp.  It actually deserves candlelight.  Hmmmm...I wonder if I can convince my hubs on that.  I guess not.  It was burrito night.



Do you wear any reds for the Holidays?  Got a favorite one?  What 'all or nothing' attitude do you have?

6 comments:

All Made Up on November 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM said...

Absolutely gorgeous colour! Looks like the perfect bright festive shade and I even love the name! Red is one of the only colours I dont wear on my nails and it's mostly cos I've never found a shade that suits me :)

Dunno if it's cos of my skin tone or something but when other people wear red on their nails it looks chic and sophisticated but when I wear it it just looks wrong ♥

P.S. Your cats are beyond adorable!

liquoredonlacquer on November 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM said...

This is such a gorgeous color, and I love matte top coats! I love reds! I don't wear them as often as I should though.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty nail polish color! :)

-Mia
http://miafied.blogspot.com

yokeMun on November 25, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

love that color..
whenever i went to Sally's and i look at Finger Paints nail polish, i've always failed to buy any of em..is so difficult to chose..so i ended buyin CG..hahaa...
i'm not a huge fans of matte tho.

The Phalanges Friend on November 25, 2010 at 1:34 AM said...

This one is really pretty.

But for me, a holiday collection without a single red in it would be a dream come true. ^_^

The Peach on November 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM said...

Great post! And great mani! Love the red! I will probably dig out some red polish pretty soon! Your kitties are so cute!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates