UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Polish Colors for the Holidays

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Polish Colors for the Holidays

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/10/2010 07:58:00 PM
Today's mani and pedi made me feel in a festive mood.  Both make great holiday colors.

I get the feeling that when most people see me they think of someone mind-mannered, middle of the road and 'safe.'  I only appear that way because some of the places I work don't like that (you fill in that alternative) look. 

So over the years I have found ways that I can push the envelope.  One of those ways is with nail polish colors.  I can keep my nails rather short, if need be, but not stubby.  But if there is no rule on the colors, I go for it!

This is Hard Candy's 'Zombie.'  Uhm, OK...don't get the Zombie part but it is a cool color.  Maybe 'Zombie Apocalypse Aftermath' would be more interesting.  I think it is.
Can you see the glitter?  Well, hell yes you can!!!  This is pure glitter.  Purple/magenta and teal.  All overloaded with more shimmer than the disco ball from Studio 54.

This is the 'I can't take my eyes off of' color.  And man, this type of glitter makes me have to be reallllly super diligent with clean up.  I think I'll hunt up more like this for the practice that I need.  And it's the angle of my thumb making it look askew.  It's totally level when I check it out from the back side.

I got a fair amount of practice with 'Zombie' because I used at least 4 coats.  I had some serious bald spots that needed work.  I used a base, then Seche Clear, tons of coats of color, 2 Seche Clears then topped off with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.  After all that, my nails are not terribly gritty.  I am not looking forward to removal though.  So I'm going to wear this another day.

Here's another color for the holidays I picked for the toes...

Orly's Holiday collection presenting 'Rockin' Rocket.'  I'm saying it's a perfect color for the holidays and, if you can wear a red polish to work, this one isn't going to bug out the eyes of those looking down noses.  It's a burgundy red that seems well-mannered.  However, when you peek closer, 'Rockin' Rocket' is set to blast off!  
Sparkly sass!
 I have some sexy, strappy red high-heel shoes this would go with.  Those cool shoes that I haven't worn yet...in over 2 years...with no place to wear them to.  *grimace*

'Rockin' Rocket' only needed one good coat.  I used 2 just to make sure.  Orly works splendidly.  Color ends up true to what you see in the bottle.  Nothing negative with this one.  Mrs. Claus has this pedi color for when her man gets home from work!!!!

If you are not in the food or medical industry, do you have nail polish restrictions?  And, if you feel your work dress code is strict, do you push the envelope and, how?

5 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on November 10, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

I like the colors of both polishes, but I fail to understand why they would name the HC zombie? It's too pretty of a color to be called that.

The Peach on November 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM said...

Love both of these colors! Zombie...interesting name, but great glitter polish! And I don't have any polish restrictions or dress code to speak of. I work with a bunch of older guys. If I come to work with finger nail polish on, they always comment and wonder what I'm up to!

nicoletta on November 11, 2010 at 4:45 AM said...

Love the hard candy one on your nails, i can't resist a bit of bling on my nails xx

Megan Harmeyer on November 11, 2010 at 10:21 AM said...

Maybe if you layer Zombie over something you wouldn't need so many coats? I love the Orly color - they have the best colors consistently. I'm a medical assistant and I'm lucky they don't have any restrictions as far as colors and length go. I think as long as they're not like talons and they're clean and well-kept, it's not an issue. I'd be sad if I couldn't wear my slap-you-in-the-face colors. LOL I'm wearing a bright turquoise blue today! ;0)

Jonna on November 19, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

Love the colour :) x

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates