UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

Sunday, November 7, 2010

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/07/2010 05:29:00 PM
OK, so not many, anymore, can appreciate the movie, The Sound of Music.  But it was quite the movie in its day.   And the song from that movie, My Favorite Things, has become a Christmas classic.  Funny, since it wasn't Christmas in the movie.

I'm sharing a few of my favorites with you today.  What would life be without sparkles and looks of winter holidays.

This is a polish color that is like a brand, new penny...

From OPI's Burlesque collection, 'Rising Star.'  I got the Little Teaser collection to get 4 different colors for less than the price of 2 larger bottles.   Here the photo shows it looking quite gold, however. 

Outdoors shows a truer sense of 'Rising Star.'  For as cute as these little mini bottles are, there are some downsides.  One, the size of the bottle is a real pain to hold onto.  And second, it takes some getting use to the squaty brush.  Well, actually the stem part.  Yet, many of us will go through this just to wear OPI.  They have the reputation of polish that applies well and wears well.

Unlike a shiny penny, this copper has sparkles of copper within it...
And for my pedicure, I choice a color that looks like sparkling snow...

From their winter collection, Finger Paint's 'Winter Wishes.' 

Other bloggers that have reviewed this said that it is opaque.  After the first coat I was wondering what was wrong with my color, or my technique, because it looked more like an overlay. But the second layer give it the color depth I wanted.

I wanted it to look like this on my toes.  It's a beige colored base with silver micro-glitter.  But I think I see some iridescent glitter as well.  It's a new to me color and I love it.
Finger Paints are very affordable polishes and they perform quite well.  "Winter Wishes' was very easy to apply.  But it didn't dry as fast as I thought it would.  So, after some sitting around the house, I had to get out and get some errands done.  I put on my shoes.  I scrunched the polish on my big toes.

No problem, I just redid them.  However, I noticed something quite unusual.  When I first started to scrub off the polish, the color morphed and it began to look more like the color in the bottle.  Here you can see the color difference between a half scrubbed big toe next to the second toe produced from the original pedicure.

Nevertheless, I like this color.  It's frosty, chilly and a real winter color.
Granted, it doesn't seem like the holidays are coming up, being in Florida.  But I can create the feeling with my nail polishes.  Just a few of my favorite things.

7 comments:

The Peach on November 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM said...

I saw Winter Wishes when I was at Sally's yesterday. I was pondering getting it, but I didn't. Looks like a great frosty color!

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on November 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM said...

I *love* The Sound of Music! I must have watched it a thousand times with my family when I was growing up. I really like Winter Wishes on you!

MissMidnightBlue on November 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM said...

I like these colors, they are very pretty. They look so cute on your toes ;)

Phyrra on November 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM said...

I love the opi color, really pretty!

Megan Harmeyer on November 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM said...

Great colors! You know...I love The Sound of Music, but I just don't understand why My Favorite Things is a Christmas song. Really.

KarenD on November 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM said...

I really need to decide on which Burlesques I want; I've seen so many tempting pics like yours that I'm having a hard time choosing colors.

Lucy on November 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM said...

I have Rising Star on my list to order. I love the foil type of polishes. Really love the penny color.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates