UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Don't Taupe on My Gray Suede Shoes

Friday, November 5, 2010

Don't Taupe on My Gray Suede Shoes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/05/2010 09:00:00 PM
I'm a firm believer that work should not get in the way of your hobbies.  However, I took on a new company to finance my hobby.  I'm sure many of you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  I've been able to read blogs but not post as much.  If you want to read some nail blogs, just take a look over on the side of the blogs I follow.  Each one of them are super blogs!  Really, add them to your blog list.

I have this bag I keep all my swatched polishes in.  I got through it and try to find the photos that match it.  I have got to find a better organizational method.  I did figure out to take a photo of the color's name to help me figure out which polish it is.  That's right; some of us have to stumble into our moments of brilliance. 
One I finally found a match for with photos and a bottle in the bag...*groan*
Here's Color Clubs' 'Positively Posh'.  This one is from the Untamed Luxury collection.
Maybe I've been brain-washed from all the '80's and 90's office dress codes, however, this one would not have been 'appropriate' then.  Screw that!  I think this is the new office appropriate color.  If you want to wear a darker, somewhat vampy color, try 'Positively Posh.'  And if your supervisor complains, give her a bottle of her own.  She'll be rewriting the employee dress code before you can say 'Quick Dry.'
This polish color is hard for me to explain.  It's a dark taupe.  It's a dirty gray.  It's also a super muted gray/purple.  I'll pick a shimmer, glitter or sparkle over a creme almost any day.  But I will say, that I rather adore this creme color.
I've given up, almost, on those cuticles.  I went so long without chewing them.  Yes, that's gross.  And honestly, I thought I had the habit licked when I started nail blogging.  However, there is no hiding the fact in my photos.  Favorite place to chew cuticles; the car.  If I was a smoker, I'd be chain-smoking.

Moving on to something un-gross...Color Club has me by the heart.  I love their price, I love their quirky yet fun colors, the way this polish seems to glide on, I like the brush that isn't skinny and how easy it is to hold the bottle.  Only downers--There's only one place in Orlando you can get these and I have to order them online if I want to get them sooner.  Not anything hard to overcome, though.
I love it when I see a photo of a nail polish and the light shines off it.  The shine here looks like ripples in the polish however, it's just the reflection off the window. 

This is with a BC, 1 coat of Seche Clear, 2 color coats, 1 Seche Clear and then one Vite.  What's missing is an application of Lemony Butter by Lush!  No excuses because that container sits right on my end table in the living room.  It's handy, no less.
'Positively Posh' is a color I love wearing.  And if I was back in the corporate world, I'd wear this.  No questions or regrets.

Do you have a dress code that dictates what colors you can wear?  If you do, what color do you wear, if any?

7 comments:

o on November 5, 2010 at 9:18 PM said...

Have you tried flexitol? It is brilliant for dry cuticles!

Libby's Pink Vanity on November 5, 2010 at 10:12 PM said...

No, but I'm going to look for it! Do you know where I can find it?

Tara on November 5, 2010 at 11:23 PM said...

Okay
1) I love Color Club more than you'll ever know
2) I love THIS shade more than you'll ever know
3) I love THIS shade ON YOU!! It looks stunning and I'm just saving up my money so I can do a huge internet haul (one that's planned instead of impulse purchases so I can get shades that I can't get in person) and this color will be in it.

PS how have you been? I miss you :-(

Libby's Pink Vanity on November 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM said...

Tara, I do believe you love Color Club more than me!! I took on more work so I can fund my habit, er, I mean hobby. :)

I'll scout you down on Twitter.

The Peach on November 6, 2010 at 11:42 AM said...

I think this is an awesome color! And totally office friendly! But then again, I've never worked in an office situation, and don't know what is approperiate! :) But I love this color!

Jeweled Thumb on November 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM said...

I love this color too! And it looks great on you. =)

Anonymous said...

That's quite a nice colour. I will have to put it on my US polishes lemming list. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates