UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Fast and Furious Glitter Drive-by Glitter Manicure

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fast and Furious Glitter Drive-by Glitter Manicure

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/03/2011 09:15:00 PM
Fast and Furious! I did this mani the other evening and was out the door early the next morning. I usually take my photos before I leave for work. But, not this time. This is after I got home.

As you can tell, a lot happens to my nails from the start of the day to when I get home...

I started out with a base color from Color Club. This is 'Pretty in Platinum.' And I am in love with this platinum. It wasn't one bit streaky and was actually set to go after just one coat.

I used 'Pretty in Platinum' to showcase this glitter overlay...

Forever 21's love & beauty polish called 'Red/Black/Silver.' Well, I guess that doesn't leave me taking up any time describing it, does it?

I tried the glitter over a medium green creme, wanting to stay within a Christmas color theme, but I had to go so light with a green for the glitter to show, that it wasn't even close to Christmas. In fact, it seems weird-looking.

Here's what a platinum shade did...

Two issues! One, I had to dab the glitter on as it was just bunching up at the tip. Second, this made the glitter coat so thick it took more than forever to dry. As I mentioned, I polished my nails the night before and they were still tacky the next day.

The expression, cool. The play out, meh, could be better...

And I'm not even giving my thumb any face time. Notice on the middle finger how thick the polish is. And that nail seems to have the least amount of glitter too. I did do two coats of 'Red/Black/Silver.' I didn't do a top coat over the glitter so it was a bit gritty too.

What color would you use to show off this glitter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates