UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Nubar Has Great Glitter Just Not Great Names

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nubar Has Great Glitter Just Not Great Names

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/01/2011 06:26:00 PM
When I started blogging, almost 18 months ago, I learned about Nubar nail polish. What I read was it was held in high regard. So, in June of this year, I went to the Orlando Premiere and when I visited the Nubar booth, I dropped some bucks.

Now, I don't read about Nubar so much. I don't know why. However, here is one that I bought and it works sort of nicely for the Holidays...

Nubar's 'Green/Silver Glitter' isn't a bold glitter. And I'm liking that after swatching a lot of SCREAMING glitter.

This polish has micro-glitter, and though it looks like there is so much in there that it would apply opaque...let me set you straight. Nope.

I have on 4 coats. Yet, I'm happy with this lighter look. I can still appreciate the softer looks of glitter as well. The silver seems to be more iridescent than just plain silver. It casts off many different colors in the sunshine. I can somewhat see that happening on my ring finger.

Take a closer look, I want to show you something...
This is what 4 coats looks like. Not bad. And, yes, it is gritty. It's hungry like Santa is for cookies. But, there is something else I want you to see. A nail and its cuticle in DAMN GOOD shape!!! WORD!!!!!

After a super easy work day, I came home excited to swatch a new polish. But a light bulb went off...how would it look matted?

I gave it a try. It dulled it some, but not like I thought it would. That glitter is determined to sparkle!!!
I used China Glaze's 'Matte Magic'. I don't think it changed it enough to bother.

Is 'Green/Sliver Glitter' something you like too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates