UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Grand Blue Christmas

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Grand Blue Christmas

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/29/2011 06:55:00 PM
Here's something I got for Christmas...
Fresh, new-fallen snow. Living in Orlando, this was a wonderful Christmas gift. I went to Denver to see my family over Christmas and it snowed the evening I got in.

Before I left, I happened to pick up a new Sally's Girl polish. Alas, it has no name, but I think it is pretty...

Just a cute silvery, dusty blue that has a shimmer. But, I didn't stop there.
Here's what Sally's Girl polish looks like all by itself...
The second photo isn't as good as the first, but I wanted to show that the first one has a glare on it; not a ding.

However, I wanted to play with my new Finger Paint flakies some more and I thought this dusty blue was just the right pairing.

First, on my left hand, I used 'Flashy'...
 
Even though I did 3 coats of Sally's Girl, I only did one of 'Flashy.' I think another coat would have made the flakes show more.

On my right hand, I used 'Twisted'...

Remember, it is my ring finger, here, that has no flakies on it. Again, just one coat of 'Twisted.' I do wish I would have remembered to apply two coats.

Sally's Girl dusty blue is pretty. But if you have ever purchased one of these, you know the bottle is puny, the brush is sub par, and the top sometimes doesn't stay attached to the brush. If you know these things going in, then you'll know you get what you pay for, most of the time. I was, most definitely, wanting it for the color.

Tomorrow, I'll show you Sally's Girl with a different top coat and see how that strikes your fancy.

I had a grand time with my family this Christmas. My brother and his family live in Denver. My sister and her husband, my dad and step-mom, and my sister's daughter and family all came in. We had a house full. A lot of things happened during that week and one of the best things to come out of it...I realized that my sister-in-law is one of my best friends.

Did you have a grand Holiday too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates