UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Have Some Flakies On My Fingers And It Isn't Snow

Monday, December 19, 2011

I Have Some Flakies On My Fingers And It Isn't Snow

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/19/2011 09:51:00 PM
One of the best Christmas manicures I can remember...
Everything is early about this manicure. First, Finger Prints Special Effects Top Coat collection wasn't supposed to be released until next month. Today I spoke with a Sally's employee and she said that they got the go ahead from their office to put them out for sale. Lucky us!!!

Next thing that is early is that I'm leaving for vacation and this is the manicure I will sport for Christmas. And the last thing that is early is my sincere wish to you all a very Happy Holiday season.

OK, this is what I did; I started with China Glaze's 'Near Dark' because I wanted something dark and a creme. I thought that would best showcase the Special Effects. I didn't want to use just a simple black because I think you'll see a lot of that look with other bloggers. And, I wanted to, somehow, keep it close to a Christmas/Yule look.

'Near Dark' isn't quite near perfect, however. It was patchy. And even though I thought I got them all, sure enough, out in the sunlight and doing a macro shot, nothing escapes scrutiny!

Next, I slapped on those Special Effects. These polishes leave me feeling soooo giddy! I guess I have never purchased so many flakies at once and I'm in overload. Usually, we'll get one per collection. But an ENTIRE collection!!! I better sit down and fan myself!

So I could keep these all straight, I applied them in alphabetically order. (Don't laugh.) From the thumb over; Asylum, Flashy, Flecked, Molten and Twisted.
Look closely...

 Asylum
 Flashy
 Flecked
 Molten
Twisted

I posted about the first 4 here, and then today, I picked up 'Twisted' to round out the complete set.

And, to give you another look, I did the right hand the opposite direction...
Taking it from the thumb down: Twisted, Molten, Flecked, Flashy, and Asylum.

It's no secret that my middle finger on my right hand got a serious break. And I'm too stubborn to even them all out. It's just going to have to catch up.

If I had time, these would be fun to matte as well. Even still, these are mesmerizing.

My eyes bugged out of my head today at Sally's, though. The display for these was put on the bottom shelf!!! In merchandising, we call that the 'kill zone.' You do NOT put your best sellers or your newest items down at the bottom. That will 'kill' your sales, i.e., profits. Good thing I know what I'm looking for! And you will too. :D

It is too bad I'm not taking these lovelies with me. But I am not taking the chance with these at airport security. I got them on as a mani, I'm good to go!
Eck! No thumb!!!

Are you getting these? Will you get them all or is there just one or two you want?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates