UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Where's the Party? On Your Nails And Everybody's Coming!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Where's the Party? On Your Nails And Everybody's Coming!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/13/2011 08:30:00 AM
Have you just about had enough of the 'Happy Birthday' glitter polishes??!! Practically no brand has skipped this polish band wagon.

If you read enough nail blogs, you have, by now, read about Debra Lippman's 'Happy Birthday' nail polish. If not, and since I do not currently own this polish, here's Vampy Varnish's swatches of it. 'Happy Birthday' as been around at least a couple of years. Yet it is still popular.

Check out some of the dupes I have...
First, there is Icing's 'Birthday Beyotch', Milani's 'Gems', Ulta's 'Pinata-Yada-Yada', and Wet 'n Wild's 'Correction Tape'.

None of them are dupes, but they are all in the same neighborhood.
 Icing's 'Birthday Beyotch' wins in the best name category. Hee hee. I spy red, gold, green, teal and fuchsia; some larger, some smaller. Then it is all swimming in a vat with teal micro-glitter. 
 Here's Milani's 'Gems'. This one has two sizes of hex glitter in it. And then that is all in a very translucent teal base that shares even more micro-glitter. Tons of red, silver, gold, green, and blue glitter. I found this one to apply the most glitter.
 This is Ulta's 'Pinata-Yada-Yada.' Worst name here. :/ Gold and fuchsia hex glitter is surrounded by two smaller sized glitters in gold, teal, and red. The base is a slightly blue tinged color.
And this is Wet 'n Wild's 'Correction Tape.' I'm still scratching my head over that name. If you 'get it', would you leave me a comment? All the glitter seems to be the same size in gold, teal and fuchsia. Without getting out my microscope, I think there is some gold hex and fuchsia squares in this one. Not as rainbow colored at the others, it gives the feeling of Mardi Gras.

Are 'Party Hands' the same thing as 'Jazz Hands'?

On my thumb and middle finger, I swatches 'Birthday Beyotch'. On my index finger is 'Gems'. On my ring finger is 'Pinata-Yada-Yada' and that leaves 'Correction Tape' on my pinky. This photo shows 3 coats.

Here's where I started and this is 2 coats. So, you can do a little glitter or gobs. However, the polish you can pick to apply under these is all up for grabs. These are naked here, though.

Now, once you are ready to remove the glitters, you might want to read up on the foil removal method; no one wants to leave the party on your nails!
Confetti nails, I say. When I lived in Kansas City, KS, there was a dance bar on the Missouri side called 'Confetti's'. The next morning I always found confetti in my clothes that I had worn and even on the floor where I had changed into my jammies. It was everywhere! And you'll experience the same thing when you go to remove any of these glitters.

Great polishes for New Year's Eve parties? Which one do you like the best? Can you think of any other polishes that live in this neighborhood?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates