UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: For A Ghoul Time, Call Golden Nightmare

Monday, September 5, 2011

For A Ghoul Time, Call Golden Nightmare

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/05/2011 04:00:00 PM
Who's ready for Halloween?  ME!!! ME!!!!


So, let the Halloween fun begin!!!

I purchased this polish earlier this year waiting for the holiday. Take a look at Kleancolor's 'Golden Nightmare'...



In this black jelly base is glitter. But I'm not going to call in golden. It's green like the green glitter from 'Zombie Zest.' Click here to see a swatch of 'Zombie Zest' done by Scangie, last year.

This is what 2 coats of 'Golden Nightmare' look like...

In the bottle, it looks like a LOT more glitter than what gets applied to the nail. And you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that. I like how it came out.

 
'Golden Nightmare' is still an inky black and showcases the greenish-gold glitter very well. I'm telling you, it's a great Halloween mani. But, beware!!!! This polish gobbles up top coat. I have a no name coat on first, then I followed up with Nailene's 'Miracle Maker.'


This photo shows off the glitter the best...


'Golden Nightmare' is a name that I can't imagine what that would be. But I love the creepiness and the spookiness of it.

So, did anyone address the name of 'Zombie Zest' last year? If you know what 'zest' is, that makes 'Zombie Zest' just terribly disgusting and downright gory! (Insert Vincent Price laugh.)

How do you like 'Golden Nightmare'? Do you like food that uses lemon zest? Will you ever be able to use zest again and not think of zombies?

12 comments:

xo on September 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM said...

I need to do some Halloween polish purchasing. That one is awesome.

Swatch And Learn on September 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM said...

Yes, I'm so ready for Hallowe'en! It's one of my favourite holidays. :D

Golden Nightmare is like a Hallowe'en dream come true. Love it!

Hehe, and I also like Zombie Zest...especially on top of desserts. YUM! :P Hahaha!

Nicole on September 5, 2011 at 8:51 PM said...

This is SO cool, Kim! I gotta nab this one.

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM said...

@Peredita For just a few dollars, roughly $4, you can't beat this one.

@Swatch and Learn I'd like to find this with red glitter! I'm thinking Lime Zest on Key Lime Pie!!

The Peach on September 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM said...

I like Golden Nightmare! I'm so ready for Halloween! And you crack me up over the 'Zombie Zest'!

Anonymous said...

I am so ready for Halloween! Digging that polish!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 6, 2011 at 7:42 AM said...

@Peach It's it a cool color? I didn't hesitate one moment to get that one.

@imfeelingnail-venturous Thank you. :) Halloween is a fun holiday.

Anonymous said...

I have a few Kleancolors, and they seem like they are WAY too thick, thus taking them forEVER to dry....I mean the worst of any brand I've tried! I love the colors, though. I bought them on ebay. Has anyone else had that kind of experience w/Kleancolors? I don't want to disparage an entire brand, but I'm curious. Do you think they could just be too old, or what? Any ideas?

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM said...

@anonymous I haven't had that situation with every Kleancolor. Maybe just the jellies but that is their nature to be thick. And boy, they do take a while to dry. However, I have some regular KC glitter polish and it doesn't come out thick.

Have you tried using a lacquer thinner? I wouldn't to that on a jelly but if you have that problem with a creme polish, it could help. :)

Madeline on September 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM said...

This is awesome. I waffled on buying this in my last Kleancolor order and I didn't, but now I'm convinced!

MissMidnightBlue said...

such an awesome color! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for halloween. :)
I lool'ed about the Zombie Zest thing.. lol

Unknown on September 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM said...

Awwww likey... I want to try Kleancolour, but postage to the UK is just too expensive to make it worthwhile... guess I'll just have to stick with the other brands, it's not like they're not pretty after all...

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates