UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sephora by OPI...What Does 212 Mean?

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sephora by OPI...What Does 212 Mean?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/13/2012 06:43:00 PM
St. Valentine's Day is here...Oh, no! And St. Patrick's Day after that. I'm getting the feeling that holidays come around faster as I get older.

So, I need to get on the ball and post reviews and swatches. I'm getting more and more of a backlog. But I have to show you this one; it is one that I can't overlook.

This is Sephora by OPI's '212 Sephora'. Yep, that's as good as they got with the name. Look, it deserves so much better...


We have, here, a murky black base with holo micro-glitter. Yep, that is what I said: Holo. This is a 'busy' polish...
Lots and lots of sparkles and twinkles. Fancy it on the nails...

I did 3 coats and it needed everyone of those to become opaque. In fact, even after the second coat, I was unsure whether I would come up to opacity. Don't let the photos fool you. In the above, there looks to be flakies in the bottle. That's just a light reflection. And, the polish looks flat when actually, it is very shiny and alive.

The top photo is in the shade of my patio. And the last photo, I'm still trying to capture that twinkle. The micro-glitter has this illusion of depth. It's reminiscence of looking down at the city from a plane, at night, as it comes in for a landing.

Sephora by OPI isn't a new polish but it is new to me. I felt that it applied very well and wore well too. I really wish they could have named it something rather than just a number. That's surprising coming from OPI, whom we have come to know as a polish company with very unique names.

 I liked this one and will keep an eye out for another shade to add to my stash.


Have you tried any of the Sephora by OPI series?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates