UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Dolly Lips - St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 13

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dolly Lips - St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 13

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/13/2011 08:09:00 PM
It probably is quite clear, even though I haven't flat out said it, that I don't have kids.  Reason: I don't want kids.  This should have been evident when I was a child.  I didn't play with dolls, instead, I had a microscope.  While other kids played 'dress up', I read a book. 

However, this doesn't make me oblivious about baby dolls.  My sister, who has 2 adult children, had lots of dolls and loved playing with them.  I think she had about 10 Barbies and a couple extra from me that I got as gifts.  So, I DO know what color dolly lips are...
I have never heard of Cosmetic Arts before.  But I found a full display of them at Ross.  I got this pink creme and 3 other colors; all creme.  If those other colors work like this one, I'm going to end up liking cremes more.

This color is like no other pink I have.  And they didn't even name it.  Thus, 'Dolly Lips'...
I would almost say this is a day-glo color.  It's super bright and an in-your-face pink.  I got 3 compliments wearing this polish.  And, one was from a self-professed polish addict that works at Ulta.

I've mentioned before how cremes do not like me.  I think I found the exception.  This is 3 coats with  Quick & Slick top coat that made it shine way more than the camera is showing. 

I'm fair skinned and this color looks great on me.  But I bet it would really rock on someone that's darker or tan.  Perfect for summertime.  Or...for Valentine's Day.

Did you play with dolls as a child o,r where you nerdy like me?  I had one of those huge Barbie heads that I could apply makeup to and style the hair.  It was a complete fail, so I used my sister instead.  Did you have that make-up Barbie head too?

2 comments:

Unknown on February 14, 2011 at 9:09 AM said...

Very pretty on you. I was able to pick up a few of these before they were all gone :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM said...

@Nailsbeautiqued I'm glad you got your hands on some. I saw an almost full display. Just a few days later, they were seriously picked over.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates