UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: St. Valentine's Manicure Marathon - Day 1

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

St. Valentine's Manicure Marathon - Day 1

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/01/2011 08:03:00 PM
I've never run a marathon before.  I did do a 5K but that was back in college.  I don't think I've run that much for that long since.  However, this marathon is a St. Valentine's Day-inspired Manicure Marathon.  Each day for the next 14 days I will post a manicure that makes me think of the holiday of LOVE....

When I was in school, I don't think my parents wanted me to have any crushes on guys.  So when Valentine's Day came around...do you know how hard it was to sneak around to get a guy a Valentine's Day card?  In a tiny town that only had one little drugstore and one small grocery store?  And, heaven forbid I make one!!!  I didn't want to be any more nerdy than I was.

Luckily, my parents have no say in my relationships as well as my makeup habits.  I must say that my family adore my 'Internet-elusive' husband, though.  And my flair for all things of beauty, they've come accustomed to.

How about this for falling in love....

Yes, 'Mrs. Claus' is from China Glaze's 2010 Christmas collection.  But hey, if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it is a Valentine's Day polish.  And if you like this one, check your Sally's.  I am seeing polishes from this holiday collection on clearance.
I've been in and out of love, a lot....and with nail polishes too.  lol  However, this one is downright HOT!   Stunning red jelly with voluminous red glitter.  Looooovvve Iitttt! (Say that like Oprah does; it's a hoot!)

Red is life, love, passion, all seen as characteristics of a living earth.  During this season of a death-like feel to the earth, our ancestors paid homage to this life force in hopes that it would return again in the spring time.  Babies conceived during this time could arrive just in time for the last harvest and something to be thankful for; continuing the bloodline.


I did say it was a Manicure Marathon, didn't I?  Oh well, my blog, my rules.  lol

All I know is that I love red; red polish, red lipstick, red hair, red clothes, red cars, etc.  You can say all those things are HOT!  And Mrs. Claus is one hot cutie.
Don't tell me that you've never used a Christmas polish for a Valentine's Day polish!!!  ??

7 comments:

OnceBitten on February 1, 2011 at 8:11 PM said...

Some of the best, deepest, brightest reds come out at Christmas, so YES I have and will use a holiday color for my Valentine's Day mani.

Although, I may end up wearing Butter LONDON's Come To Bed Red - it's a HOT red and well, the name says it all ;)

MissMidnightBlue on February 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM said...

I like this color on you. ;D Sure why can't it be used for Valentines day I would.

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on February 1, 2011 at 9:02 PM said...

Dang it! How is it you made this red work for you? On me, it was the worst polish I've ever applied, lol!

The Peach on February 1, 2011 at 9:07 PM said...

Ohhh....I've been waiting for your Valentines marathon! So excited what all you have in store for us! I think Mrs. Claus is a great Valentines Day polish!

Megan Harmeyer on February 1, 2011 at 9:41 PM said...

I probably have used a red for a Valentine mani, but I didn't get in to the whole polish thing til *after* then last year. I wonder what I'll do this year. Thanks for adding my button to your blog!

Ashley Tiernan on February 2, 2011 at 7:19 AM said...

Hey wow I love china glaze nail polish I owned 1 a while back and now really want to buy some more. I have to order them online though.Great nail polish and the name is great. :) I love e.l.f's red velvet nail polish it is so gorgeous. Can't wait to see what else you have instore. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 2, 2011 at 7:26 AM said...

@OnceBitten Doesn't seem that any of the companies come out with a Valentine's Day collection anyway. Maybe it's too close from coming off their Winter Holiday collections??

@MissMidnightBlue Thank you. It is a favorite red now.

@Mimi I have such blue undertones to my skin that red/blues work awesomely! But orange/reds=disaster!

@Peach I am excited about doing the Marathon too. I was really upset when my hard drive died along with a few of my mani photos. But that's nothing I can't rectify.

@Megan It's a pleasure to have your button here. I saved the instructions to make my own. When I feel I won't be frustrated, I'm going to try it. Wish me luck!!! lol

@Ashley It's so sad that there are many great US nail/beauty companies that don't import to the UK and, vice versa. I guess that's why we help our international friends. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates