UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Pardon My French-St Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon Day 7

Monday, February 7, 2011

Pardon My French-St Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon Day 7

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/07/2011 05:00:00 PM
Moving on to day 7...
This is Color Club's "I Believe in Amour.'  Total girly pink...
Baby soft in color, a solid opaque and not one of the easiest types to apply.  If you have been following the Marathon, you know I have a love/hate relationship with cremes.  I love the way they look but I have a hard time getting them to look awesome when I apply them.  Well, I do try a bit harder because I know I'm going to be posting this to the Internet and that there are close up shots.
But I'm not letting that detour me.  See my thumb?  This is what happens; I think cremes dry 'funny' on me.  Am I too impatient?  That's what it looks like to me.
The other nails look OK though.  And I'm happy to say, that for right now, my nail length is just about right and all the same length too.  

I'm showing 3 coats of 'I Believe in Amour.'  I got this from the 'Pardon My French' collection.  I do want to mention that this color had some sturdy wearability. I did top with a coat of Seche Clear and then Nailene's Miracle Maker.

When my husband cusses with 'serious' cuss words, he will say 'pardon my French, but....'  Makes me laugh because I don't ask for a pardon when I swear.  I try not to swear in front of people that might be offended by it, just as a courtesy, but to think that of some of our cursing is 'French' makes me laugh.

Do you say 'pardon my French' after a cuss word?  Do you think it really matters?  lol



Disclaimer: Nailene's 'Miracle Maker' was sent to me for my review. My honest opinions are my own.

6 comments:

KarenD on February 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM said...

Very girly indeed. :) I'm wondering if your base coat isn't playing nicely with cremes for some reason; when I get bumps like that it usually seems to be a base coat issue.

The Peach on February 7, 2011 at 5:40 PM said...

Very pretty creme! And no, I don't say pardon my french! People are used to hearing bad things come out of my mouth, so I don't make apologies for it!

Megan Harmeyer on February 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM said...

Oh, hell no! No apologies from this girl. :) That pink reminds me a lot of CC She's So Glam. I really have to be in the mood to wear that girly of a pink.

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM said...

@KarenD Now that is quite possible. I use Seche Clear almost exclusively. Next creme polish I will definitely use something different as a base coat.

@Peach My friends are use to my potty mouth but new acquaintances I break in slowly. lol

@Megan I might have 'She's So Glam.' I have many CC's; love 'em!

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard on February 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM said...

I do say Pardon My French...but only to the french woman I work with. LOL...and we both laugh. :)
I used to have the bubbling problem and sometimes still do. For me, it's because I 'overwork' the polish. Trying to hard to get it perfect. If I just put it on like I put on all the others, it does just fine on any base coat.

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM said...

@Elizabeth I think you nailed my issue right on the head. I'm going to not over-think it next time.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates