UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Believe in Love Letters - St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 11

Friday, February 11, 2011

Believe in Love Letters - St. Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 11

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/11/2011 05:00:00 PM
And the beat goes on....
 For Day 10, I am going to rack this combination as a Kimberly fail.  The end result doesn't look good on me.  Individually, the polishes are beautiful, however.

What I have here is Color Club's 'I Believe in Amour' and I layered Love My Nails 'Diva' on top of that.

Don't trust the sunlight photo to show 'I Believe in Amour' in its actual color.  It's a dusty rose and not a pale pink.  I'd say it is a lighter rose color than the quintessential 'dusty rose.'  Suffice it to say, it's a creme and it really is one I like.

I was looking for something a bit more exciting but I should have left well enough alone.  (You've heard me say THAT before!)  I was looking for a way to incorporate Love My Nails 'Diva' into the Marathon.  I thought 'I Believe in Amour' would be great.  But it ended up making the manicure look dirty.

'Diva' is a coral-y pink sheer with pink and iridescent glitter.  I only put on one coat over the 3 I did with 'I Believe in Amour.'  I used only one because the sheer tint was changing the color way too much.  It was looking like an old Sally Hansen frost polish.  Ick!  And what happened to the iridescent glitter??  The pink glitter is so sparse, so I don't think the iridescent even got on the brush.

So, I just stopped there.  I wanted to remove this manicure and move on to something I'd find more pleasing to me.  To be sure, I will try these two polishes again, just not at the same time.

What do you layer 'Diva' over?  I save the love letters my hubs has sent me...they are all on sticky notes.  lol  Do you save yours?

2 comments:

Dinorah ♥ on February 11, 2011 at 5:26 PM said...

absolutely beautiful! I love it

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM said...

@Dinorah I wasn't too keen on it. Thanks for liking it, though. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates