UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: When Doves Use A Sheer Disguise

Friday, February 18, 2011

When Doves Use A Sheer Disguise

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/18/2011 07:50:00 PM
Today's swatch makes me think of the song 'When Doves Cry.' 

This is Color Club's 'Sheer Disguise' from the newest collection, Alter Ego.  A dove gray that has a blue-purple tinge to it.

'Sheer Disguise' was sheer through the first 2 coats.  However, I could tell that it didn't have to be left sheer.  So, with 2 more coats this shade moved into this..

The outdoor light shows the color more true than indoors.  This creme wasn't as shiny as I would like it to end off.  I added Seche Vite but then used Orly's Glosser to get a higher shine.  If there is anything else out there that makes for a higher shine, I would go for it.  I like my creme polishes to be super-shiny.
If I had a Crackle overlay "cough, cough, China Glaze, cough, cough" this would be a cool polish to experiment with.

Powdery and soft, don't you agree?  I never would have thought a grey polish could look so demure!

7 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on February 18, 2011 at 9:00 PM said...

Oh gorgeous! This shade looks remarkably similar to ChG Sea Spray, but with out shimmer and satiny. I need to go find Alter Ego collection!

Megan Harmeyer on February 18, 2011 at 9:06 PM said...

That's a pretty grey. I didn't used to go for grey polishes, but they're starting to grow on me.

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM said...

@Mimi I thought the same thing. I haven't bought any of the ChG Sailor collection. I don't want them all but I don't know which ones I do want to get.

@Megan Grey and greige are new to me colors that I have come to love.

nail crazy on February 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM said...

gorgeous :-)
it remindes me of sea spray 2 ;-)

Anonymous said...

Would you like to take part in my birthday exchange? Don't wait! : http://fashionery.blogspot.com/2011/02/propozycja-akcji-wymiany-urodzinowej.html - will be fun! :)

I love this colour! :)

Ashley Tiernan on February 20, 2011 at 8:44 AM said...

Wow I love this color its gorgeous. :)

ABOP Laquerlove on February 25, 2011 at 1:16 AM said...

It's lovely, but 4 coats?! I wonder what they were thinking?

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates