UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Phantom Fright's Last Night

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Phantom Fright's Last Night

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/26/2011 07:40:00 PM
First, I love glitter polishes. I'm a human magpie. However, I am going to draw the line with the Halloween shape glitter from Phantom Frights. These cute but evil polishes are a pain.

This one is totally high maintenance...

No name but I could come up with a few not so nice ones. Grrr... How about 'Star Blight!'

I dumped a spot of this polish onto a sheet of paper and fished out the glitter, then applied with a dotting tool. I'd rather just get loose glitter and use that because it was gloppy the way I did it.
 I knew it would need a base color, so I used Color Club's 'Sheer Disguise.' I think it was a good choice. And, I'll get back to that thumb in just a moment.

Here's my right hand which I use for experiments. If I haven't done a particular look before, I'll test it out on the right hand. Sheesh, this is a fail!

On the middle finger, I used 'Sheer Disguise' as the base color. Then I used China Glaze Crackle 'Lightning Bolt.' On top of that I used that damned glitter. N.O.P.E. On the ring finger, that's a base color of Color Club's 'Who Are You Wearing?' Hmph...good question. Want to know more about the pinky? Read on.

I wasn't privy to get Wet 'n Wild's On The Prowl. I still have hard feelings about that. *weeps softly* But, love & beauty came in to soothe my distraught mind...

I'm likening it to Wet 'n Wild's 'Tangled in My Web.' Click here to check out my gal pal, Nouveau Cheap's blog, where she swatched it.

Do you think it is sort of like 'Tangled in My Web'? I think the black glitter in a clear base is more dense, here, with love & beauty's 'Black'...

And here is it swatched over 'Sheer Disguise.' Oh, and I'm renaming 'Black.' First, let me yaawwwwn, there...now I can tell you that is should be called 'Black Dot.' Well, just a wee bit better, no? If you go back up to the photo of my left pinky, that is 'Black Dot' over my naked nail: no bottom coat.

Let me say, I liked 'Black Dot' a LOT more than 'Star Blight.' And, 'Black Dot' applied down flat so it was barely gritty. After a top coat of Lumos, the grit was gone. Oh, and it came off very easily. I can't say that for 'Star Blight'; I had to use the foil method to remove it.

These are my lovely assistance in this performance...
Color Club's 'Sheer Disguise' and 'Who Are You Wearing?'

'Star Blight' is going, unceremoniously, into the trash.

Do you have any shape glitter that gives you grief? What do you do with it?

2 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders on October 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

Me too. I'm a huge fan of glitter. When you top it onto a base coat, it makes your nails look 3-D.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Anonymous said...

That Love & Beauty polish reminds me of L.A. Glitter Uninhibited!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates